• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NF

Comment

Morning denizens

Thank you all for your condolences; much appreciated

It's a grey day with drizzle likely for the next couple of hours after a rainy night, but the cloud is keeping the heat in: 10°C now, and likely to reach 12° later. Going to be windy too. The barometers are down a bit at 1014/1022mB

I was up fairly betimes to fill in the online consultation form on the GP's website, which for unexplained reasons can't be done at weekends or before 8am. Now waiting to hear back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I was up fairly betimes to fill in the online consultation form on the GP's website, which for unexplained reasons can't be done at weekends or before 8am. Now waiting to hear back from them.
        I have the answer for that - Doctors need to triage the forms quickly to make sure people don’t fill in a form when they actually need to go to A&E or similar.

so as they don’t have people doing it 24/7 you can only do it when the surgery is open, with 111 performing that task the rest of the time.

yes it’s makes little sense but there is no desire to have the forms centralized in a way that would allow the forms to be available 24/7
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I have the answer for that - Doctors need to triage the forms quickly to make sure people don’t fill in a form when they actually need to go to A&E or similar.

so as they don’t have people doing it 24/7 you can only do it when the surgery is open, with 111 performing that task the rest of the time.

yes it’s makes little sense but there is no desire to have the forms centralized in a way that would allow the forms to be available 24/7
            Seems reasonable, though now I'm quite insulted that they apparently haven't considered my case to be urgent enough to reply immediately

Comment

Early lunch: leftover lamb shank and gravy in a couple of bits of wholemeal

Comment

Got an appointment with the doc this afternoon

In unrelated news, I just went to submit my "did not work" timesheet for this week, and noticed that my contract has quietly been extended to February 2025

The relevant person at ClientGov had mentioned an extension in passing the other week, but I hadn't heard any more and vaguely assumed it would be sorted out in the New Year

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In unrelated news, I just went to submit my "did not work" timesheet for this week, and noticed that my contract has quietly been extended to February 2025
                  ?
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    For NF and family
                    ^^ WLMS.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Popping in to catch up and to say hello.

I've clearly missed quite a bit whilst I've been busy elsewhere... time, apparently, waits for no man; not even me.

My best wishes to you all and my hopes for happier, and more prosperous times ahead.

a.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                      X