• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping done!

Quite a rewarding trip, all in all. I didn't need much in the way of groceries, though what I did get still seemed to cost an awful lot for what it was

But I treated myself to a new set of bedding. I've basically got two sets (plus a spare with a fitted sheet that isn't quite deep enough for a modern mattress), with one set being of a heavy weave and the other light. So it makes sense, now I have plenty of storage space for such things, to have two heavy sets for winter use, and I can get another light one when summer rolls around

And Sainsbury's are doing the Nectar Price thing on tubs of Quality Street, though only the smaller plastic ones, not the bigger tins. Our Mum used to get us each a tub of either them or some near-equivalent like Celebrations or Roses every year, but with her gone, I didn't know if anybody would step into the breach; so I've done it. I'm not letting anybody else know in advance, as I'm hoping at least one of my siblings has the same idea and we all get loads

I did buy one of the bigger tins for myself as well, just in case

Only mask in the place, as usual, except for the amiable dark-haired lady who mans the self-checkouts

Comment

This is the lady who worked at the really good chip shop up the road from my old place: French national living in Leicester for 42 years faces deportation - BBC News

Comment

Lunch: a Pukka steak slice

Comment

The garage says the scary looking list of things on the MOT advisory do not need doing. I am a much happier bunny.

One item could do with a bit of undersealing, which I will be book in for the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The garage says the scary looking list of things on the MOT advisory do not need doing. I am a much happier bunny.

One item could do with a bit of undersealing, which I will be book in for the new year.

Comment

The bed is airing while the new bedding goes through its first wash and dry

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The bed is airing while the new bedding goes through its first wash and dry
                Laundry has been done here too, today. Although not bedding. Far too many socks to pair BrilloPad would have understood my torment.

Comment

Tea: rack of ribs and chips

The bed has been remade as much as possible; the duvet cover is still tumbling

Comment

LM a bit drippy on the underside...
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Laundry has been done here too, today. Although not bedding. Far too many socks to pair BrilloPad would have understood my torment.
                      Mrs V the same I get to do my own socks.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X