• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Uneventful day thus far.

Lunch is a freshly baked demi-baguette thing from the stash in the freezer filled with porchetta, provolone and tomato (yes, ham and cheese).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Links are up
        Error! Error!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Error! Error!

Oh, FFS. I don't know what these new people have done, but whatever it is, it doesn't work

Comment

Links are up, again

Lunch was a bacon butty (white bread, no sauce, fried on the inside)

Comment

Tea: lamb burger in a toasted sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce, and fries

Comment

Tonight's opal hunters was the one where a team finds over AUS$1.2 million worth

And the gold hunters had a couple of familiar faces from earlier series, turning up to help current people for a week or so

And in between, I crammed in the fourth episode of Soldier in which the bloke who'd gone AWOL seemed to get off remarkably lightly - I would have thought a few months in a military prison would have been the order of the day, but he just got a discharge. Probably a bit harsher once you're not a trainee, but still

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Light cloud this morning, but looking as if the sun might break through a bit once it's high enough. Not as chilly as yesterday being 7°C going up to 14°, while the barometers are down to 1005/1013mB

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Still attempting to get the Admiral site to allow me access to my policy docs.

I may have to speak to someone on the phone like some sort of animal.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 15.4 deg, 15.5 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1009.5 mBar, 29.81 in Hg, 757.18 Torr, 14.64 psi, (down from 1012 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 19th of July 2019 it was raining old ladies & sticks around here, was damp with WTFH, and dry with NF, in addition there was an appearance by Brillo.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with occasional wan sunshine.

Admiral car insurance cancelled after the failure of the online "chat" by speaking to someone on the phone like some kind of animal.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese.

Entertainment: Y&Y phonein about energy bills. <click>

Will no one answer "stit"'s question in Technical, an odd place to put such a thing but hey! WTF do I know? (Increasingly less it would appear, judging by the length of time & swearing it took to find the Admiral renewals phone number).

Various lawns mown (mainly to collect the leaves off the fruit trees which are about to become late), with additional hacking of brambles, alder saplings and ash saplings.

Got paid by next door for mowing his lawns so that was a plus. . No idea how many times I've done it since the last time he paid but £50 should cover it.

Tea: ham sandwiches etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> enough of that.

No Colonel March this evening. Replaced by "The Black Arrow" whatever that is. It's got William Squire in it so will give it a try.

Scotland Yard "Print of Death" (1958). The one with the headless handless body. The miscreants skin the hands to get the finger prints. Bit like they did in CSI etc. half a century later.

Possibly JoP but I don't seem to be getting the any more.

Read book. Read other book. Finished both.

No Human Jungle either: "Circumstantial Evidence (1952)" replaces it.

Maigret (1995) "The Candle Auction". S4 E6. New (as in it's not been on that channel previously): Maigret gets the flu.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2023, 18:15.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with flecks of grey but also patches of blue in the distance. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 14 expected. It will remain 'mostly cloudy' all day with no rain expected. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

The house has been generally tidied ahead of its inspection this afternoon. I could have dusted but at least I hoovered.

Comment

Working...
                      X