• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Boooomed!

New contract agreed in principle. Just the paperwork to be contending with.

Comment

It's been a busy day again

Lunch was Heinz oxtail soup with white toast

And tea has been spag bol, which was very tasty indeed

But that was the last of the bol out of the freezer, so I'll have to make some more

Comment

Tonight's opal hunters were more about heavy machinery breakdowns than opal, but some of them managed to do OK in the end

And then the first of a new series of The Crash Detectives on iPlayer

I also got a bunch of stuff done around SwiftUI and SwiftData - well, it doesn't seem like much now I look at it, but I'm clearer about a lot of little details now than I was when I started, so it'll all help in the long run

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again, though yesterday's rain has moved on. Getting chillier too, as was foretold, being 9°C with no more than 14° due later; the barometers are back up a little, at 1001/1009mB

Comment

Morning.

Thursday. Nearly dead. Send flowers. . That fecking jab does it every time.

Dreadful night's sleep. The 6/30L2 valve featured rather a lot. .

Grey.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.8 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.75 in Hg, 755.687 Torr, 14.61 psi, (up from 1006 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

The recycling engineers may have made their way along the road, but if so, I didn't hear them.

Meanwhile on the 17th/18th of July 2019 the rain had returned, though not for NF.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y Sliced Bread: weighted blankets.

TWATO: more good news from the world.

Good to hear that Our Rog admires his audience so much he tells them to feck off. I'm sure the tale of Donald the Pet Duck went down ever so well.

Freecell score: 90%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Trucking Hell S7 E12. Reversing along a road for a mile to a farm to recover a dead bin lorry. Flipped concrete mixer thing that demolished a tree.

Wheeler Dealers S17 Part II E6 Jaguar S type R, 2002, 195k on the clock. V8 with blower.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 October 2023, 21:09.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Dull, damp, overcast. Much of that very fine rain following plenty of the heavier variety overnight. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Barometer down to 1013mbar.

Funny how the job is less stressful when you know you only have a few weeks left to deal with it

Comment

Lunch: chicken and barley soup with a crust of wholemeal

Comment

Grey, rain but warm.

Checked the weather for the weekend and there are going to be some cold nights.

I need to move/turn around a couple of plants.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another busy day with traces of boredom, as things keep on depending on others. Then again, some of the others are depending on me. Most of today's effort involved writing a thing that takes a JSON configuration file from an outside supplier and spits it out as HTML with various bits translated into a form that humans can understand, which will assist a chap at another outside supplier who has to somehow try to replicate that configuration on a completely different product

One year ago today, my solicitor emailed me with answers to various questions my brother, also a solicitor, had come up with about the lease on this place and related information. The most important one, to my mind, was to do with getting the previous owner to have the boiler serviced, which reminds me that I really ought to be doing the same myself now it's mine

Comment

Tea tonight was chicken madras with rice and naan

The opal hunters are approaching the ends of their various seasons, though one finished early after taking a break to do his other job of aerial mustering (i.e. herding cows) and crashing his helicopter, resulting in three broken vertebrae

Then the first two episodes of Soldier on iPlayer, following a bunch of infantry recruits through training at Catterick. Good to see the old clichés are as true as ever: kit swept out of lockers on to the floor for being misplaced by a millimetre, one person turning right when the drill instructor shouted "left turn", and a negligent discharge of a rifle during an exercise - they were only using blanks that time, luckily for the guy sat opposite who otherwise would have been one leg short of the usual number

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X