• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^

No Chinese Meal Alert! No good shall come of this, you mark my words!

Morning.

Sunday.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Cool in here at 17.1 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of July 2019 NF made a large batch of chips, I went shopping to Tesco & Morrisons, and later on sent an abusive and sweary communication to Aunty BBfeckingC when they stopped showing a programme about the Shuttle on BBC4 so they could show a fecking tennis match. I thought the box had broken.

Lunch: beans on toast & such. Stone me that Hovis wholemeal is heavy, man.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom which was unexpectedly dry & unexpectedly warm.

Entertainment: NZ Highway Cops & NZ Motorway Patrol. How unlike our very own wunnerful plod: they actually help people instead of abandoning them a mile & a half from home, shoeless & in a strange mental state, so they get run over & killed.

Tea: soup & such.

Entertainment: JoP JoP.

The River diver archaeology thing on Blaze (no UFOs just civil war bits of lead & such).

NASA's unexplained files: Apollo skylab thruster problem 1973 etc.

The WWWC waffling on about China & such.

Freecell score: 90%, running average: 86%.

Retro Electro Workshop: Technics SL1210 MkII and a Marconi CR100. Turned the sound off for the heated trolley thing. "They" reckoned the SL1210 was worth £800 when it was done. After some months it still hadn't sold.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 September 2023, 12:51.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy and dull. A bit of a breeze. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 20 expected. A bit of sun may poke through later. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

Today I will be checking varying levels of liquids in my car and the tyre pressures. After that? The possibilities are endless.

Comment

Home again after an enjoyable ruby wedding celebration

The festivities consisted of Sunday lunch in the pub where we held my Mum's wake. I had the three-meat roast dinner, said meats being pork, chicken, and beef; and very nice it was too

As I was getting home I was thinking how gloomy it was here compared to further south, but now I'm settled, the sun has come out and it's looking a little more Simpsonesque

Comment

My sister has been going through our Mum's archives and, amongst other treasures, presented me with my school reports from our last two years in Liverpool, when I was aged 7 to 9

I find it amusing that my teachers' comments tended to be along the lines of "Must start to apply himself in class" and the like, while further down the same page it'll say things like "Exam results: 98%" and "Place in year: 1st of 70"

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse with a crust of white bread

Comment

No telly today due to travelling and that, but this evening's viewing has been the latest episode of Ambulance followed by an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday tomorrow, of what could be the last week of work for a bit - though knowing my luck, they'll get their cost codes sorted out more quickly than usual and I'll end up having a Monday next week too

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                My sister has been going through our Mum's archives and, amongst other treasures, presented me with my school reports from our last two years in Liverpool, when I was aged 7 to 9

I find it amusing that my teachers' comments tended to be along the lines of "Must start to apply himself in class" and the like, while further down the same page it'll say things like "Exam results: 98%" and "Place in year: 1st of 70"
                Swot!

Apparently I was more or less top of the 1st years in Grammar skool. By the time I got to Loogabaroo I was bottom of the class. Took a while to recover things and that didn't happen at Loogabaroo. Makes you wonder quite why I'm in their old farts thingie.

Morning.

Monday.

Was dry, now torrentially wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Not quite so chilly in here at 18.3 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1011.5 mBar, 29.869 in Hg, 758.687 Torr, 14.67 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Rain's stopped. For now.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 September 2023, 08:30.

Comment

Morning denizens

Feeling rather out of sorts today, as I seem to have eaten something which has disagreed with me. This resulted in me scuttling hastily to the bathroom and back for most of the night, so I've had very little sleep. I also suspect that, despite having eventually got about forty minutes of sleep, it's not over yet

Sunny start out, being 15°C with 20° on the cards. The barometers are up very slightly at 1005/1013mB

Comment

^^^ I had some curious affliction that seemed to include some of those symptoms about a fortnight ago. It included quite the most appalling dyspepsia to to go with the rest of it.

It's doing the not showing edits thing again.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Swot!

Apparently I was more or less top of the 1st years in Grammar skool. By the time I got to Loogabaroo I was bottom of the class. Took a while to recover things and that didn't happen at Loogabaroo. Makes you wonder quite why I'm in their old farts thingie.

Morning.

Monday.

Was dry, now torrentially wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Not quite so chilly in here at 18.3 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1011.5 mBar, 29.869 in Hg, 758.687 Torr, 14.67 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Rain's stopped. For now.
                    For the events of 14th of July 2019 see yesterday. .

Sun's out.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out, 204 bus back.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO. Thing on R4 at 13:45 about stats & such.

Five lawns mown and some brambles & roses massacred.

Utterly & completely knackered now.

Tea: chicken in white sauce and stuff.

Entertainment: PM.

JoP.

Possibly that opera singing Welsh geezer waffling on about 1973.

The thing about Chaos with the tow headed **** again, the delusional replacement thereof, and the current incumbent who seems to use helicopters to pop down to the shops.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 September 2023, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Swot!

My status also declined in the ensuing years, though I think the move to Bedford and subsequent 11-plus scholarship didn't help as much as they might have. Back in Liverpool they were already commenting on my complete lack of interest in Sports, and I ended up at a school that was academically excellent but also extremely sports-focused

Comment

Working...
                      X