• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Om

Comment

for Xoggy

Morning all

Dull and damp start to the day, following early morning rain (that woke me up). Brightening up but still cloudy. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Still the chance of a few light showers this morning. Barometer down to 1014 mBar.

Having a row about data in reports that always used to be present in the legacy reports but is suddenly unacceptable in the new ones.

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch

Quite sunny out now

And most importantly, not long until I knock off for my long weekend

Comment

Timesheet done, inexplicable error encountered when trying to set an OoO message in Teams - that's me done for the week!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Timesheet done, inexplicable error encountered when trying to set an OoO message in Teams - that's me done for the week!

Comment

Tea: lamb cutlets with chips, peas and gravy. Delicious

Timesheet was approved within minutes of me submitting it, which is nice

Comment

The opal hunters of the day were again only achieving unspectacular results

Later: Derren Brown's stage show Something Wicked This Way Comes from 2006, which I went to see at De Montfort Hall. Excellent show

No need for an alarm tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1008 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019 Brillo was drivelling away.

nginx 500 error: server error. .

Freecell score: 93%, running average:86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg with a couple of Morrisons mankyish tomatoes poached on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toasted crust (thick), bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing on R4 that isn't Y&Y about racism. Unless I misinterpreted what was said, only honkies are racist apparently, even to each other. <click> Who'd have thunk?

The Infinite Monkey Cage: General Relativity Special: I'll save that for iRoning, too abstruse for now. <click>

Made a list of ancient service manuals in the unlikely event that anyone on the vintage radio site will be innerested. Feck me, I'd forgotten how nasty that keyboard is.

Tea: soup & rice thing, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM with the ever irritating presenter <click>.

Ancient Aliens bollox. <click>

The Unexplained with the WWWC: Apocalypse When? There are bad things just around the corner apparently, from super volcanoes, evil aliens, black holes, asteroid impacts, what if reality is a program in God's PC* and he does ctrl alt del? etc.

*"The 9 billion names of God" Arthur C. Clarke 1953.

Joy of Painting. very strong in this one.

Joy of Painting. one of the oval cutout things.

I'm not sure but yesterday's might have been effective enough to delay my falling asleep last night. Then again it could have been down the book of the week at 00:30.

First half of the UFO ep 9 with dear old Philip Madoc and Stephanie Beacham.

Dial 999 E33: "Inside Job". Smuggling counterfeit pound note printing plates from Septicland in a box of cigars. Lots of old London in this one, docks et al.

Strangest Things. Gold mask. Schliemann Mycenae. A £10 printing plate found in an Austrian lake: the Nazi plot to destory the £. The Folkton drums, the neolithic Long Foot.

What on Earth? Stuff you can see from space: Bahama shark mound, Bimini, apparently pointing at "the fountain of youth". The Russian plane brought down over Sinai, bomb not missile, actually caught in satellite image. Mysterious ovals in the eastern US. Hurricane Matthew 2016: looks like a demon's skull from space with something alive at the centre. Cumbrian shape in the landscape: turns out to be a lime kiln.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2023, 22:09.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though apparently we can't expect that to last. It's distinctly milder though: currently 14°C, and not getting any higher than 19°. The barometers are down a touch more at 998/1006mB

I had quite a decent night's sleep, though I awoke at seven without any alarm and had to get back to sleep again

But the lower back, while not hugely problematic yet, isn't happy with the central sagginess of the mattress, and continues to grumble as it awaits the arrival of the new one next week

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Rain forecast this evening. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Woke around 4.30 am but I don't know why. Managed to get back to sleep but tired this morning.

Must phone my Mum to remind her a skip is arriving today.

Comment

Working...
                      X