• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy day out, though with a sliver of blue appearing occasionally; seems pretty windy too. Currently 20° which is as good as it'll get, and the barometers are back up a bit at 997/1005mB

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just had a nice breakfast, or possibly lunch, of Lincolnshire sausages and bacon in buttered white toast
      And again, though definitely lunch this time

Comment

Drizzly evening, off and on, though a few pigeons are braving the rain to wander around pecking at the lawn

Tea has been lamb scouse with a couple of thick crusts of white bread

Comment

2nd to last recipe in my free 'simply cook' box (I have been through several cycles of free box/cancel/take reduced box offer but this time they do appear to have called it a day on me). Louisiana Linguini - was nice enough. Final one is Spinach and Paneer curry (mild for those who know me!) Will wait for veggie daughter for that one.

Comment

The telly today featured the usual US borders and New Zealand police. Then later, the US emergency dispatchers, busy handling all the nutters calling in on the night of the full moon. And finally, the new episode of 24 Hours in A&E followed by an old one

Arrangements for the funeral are proceeding, with the proposed buffet at the pub afterwards being sent over for my perusal. The pub in question is opposite the top of the road I grew up on, a couple of hundred yards away from the house, yet I've only been in there once before when we went for Sunday lunch a few years ago

Goodnight all

Comment

Evening all, Boston calling, local time 2018

Some cloud but a much more palatable 23 degrees.

Here over night, leaving tomorrow evening for London.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a lot of wind and rain overnight, and it's still a bit cloudy out with more wind and rain expected, but fairly mild at 17°C with 19° due later; the barometers are back down again at 991/999mB

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Damp.

Cool in here at 19.2 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (down from 1003 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine gleaming.

Meanwhile on the 1st of July 2019 Brillo was posting.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out, 38 back.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust (thick), bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: In Business. Y&Y. <click>

Oh good. The driller killer is back next door.

Freecell score in the ennui of a drizzly dark dank afternoon in "summer": 90%, running average: 86% (85.52%).

Trucking Hell S3 E6: the one where Merrie tries to get her truck along an increasingly narrow road, gives up 200 yds short, then uses a chap with a Range Rover to tow a Merc van out of the mire.

Tea: Mr Brains faggots with peas & suchlike, some peach slices, a yog or two (BBE 29/7), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM until it reached my boredom threshold & went <click>.

Entertainment: Joy of Painting. Not much in the way of

Joy of Painting. . Fecking seascape. On black canvas to boot. Very little

Dunno what else since everything seems to have finished.

Read book.

Originally posted by Molotov
                  Given such a situation, we would probably live to see the day when in your own country, on switching on the radio you would be hearing not so much your own language as one American gramophone record after another.

The time might come when, in your own country, on going to the cinema you would be seeing American films sold for foreign consumption
                  Obviously a man of vision. . As thusly it has come to pass.

Last half hour of "First Blood". Stone me, Stallone looks young.

Last half hour of "Shooter (2007)".
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 July 2023, 22:44.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all, local time 0750

Blue sky with wispy cloud. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 27 expected.

Rubbish sleep. Up early to use the laundry facilities before check out. Then off for lunch before heading to the airport.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X