• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Joy of Painting. . Very
    Joy of Painting. until the last 10 minutes. Where did that river come from?
    I do like a bit of Bob Ross of an evening. I remember watching his programmes when I was a kid. And enjoy watching them again now. You can't beat a bit of quiet TV.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Bright, sunny, and warming up nicely. Might venture out. Might not as there's nowhere in particular that I need to be nor want to go.

Rewatched "The Dark Knight" last night as I had the house to myself. Lining up "The Dark Knight Returns" for tonight if I'm similarly disposed.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Went to clean up me greenhouse which I've left to go wild, weeds growing up through the floor and bindweed all over the place. Lifted up a storage box and found lots of ants with eggs! Damn it! Being so silly about little creatures I can't bring meself to get rid of them.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch has been Heinz tomato soup with white toast

Mild but cloudy out. For some reason I feel quite tired today, despite having had what felt like a decent night's sleep. I still reckon the blinds in the bedroom let in too much light, though. I'm thinking of putting up some decent thick curtains instead, as and when I get around to it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I still reckon the blinds in the bedroom let in too much light, though. I'm thinking of putting up some decent thick curtains instead, as and when I get around to it
            Have both. Then you can guarantee it is dark.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Have both. Then you can guarantee it is dark.
              It's a roller blind, so it'll have to come down so the curtain track can be put up

Though maybe there is some way of combining these technologies? I'm not really au fait with current advances in that area

Comment

Morning all, Los Angeles calling, local time 0930

Sunny with occasional wispy fluff. Currently 26 degrees ('feels like' 28) with a high of 30 expected.

Working out what to do with our day. We have two more nights before we leave. We're based in the downtown rather than beach area.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's a roller blind, so it'll have to come down so the curtain track can be put up

Though maybe there is some way of combining these technologies? I'm not really au fait with current advances in that area
                  You can definitely have both. I had both in my Kensington flat and now in my place in Ealing. You don't necessarily have to have have curtain track, could go for a pole instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You can definitely have both. I had both in my Kensington flat and now in my place in Ealing. You don't necessarily have to have have curtain track, could go for a pole instead.
                    The roller is where either track or pole would go, unless the curtains were put inside the window bit. Anyway, I'll have a think about it, and investigate options

Comment

The mangy fox was back wandering around outside just now. It had seemed to be recovering, and isn't anything like as bad as it was - though it's always possible the recovering one I saw last week was a different fox, as there's a few in the neighbourhood. Anyway, its limp and so on isn't as bad, but it's still not well

What could have happened is that somebody's treated it with something like ivermectin, which kills the mites in short order so it starts to recover. As part of its recovery, it starts shunning humans again and generally living a foxy lifestyle. But then the mite eggs that were left on its skin hatch, and it ends up back where it started.

The solution is to keep feeding it stuff laced with ivermectin every few days for a couple of weeks to a month, by which time all the hatching mites will be killed off before ever laying any eggs and it ends up recovering. But because it starts avoiding people again, that's hard to do; you can't just leave the laced food out for it, as something else might eat it and suffer adverse consequences

Comment

Working...
                      X