• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

You're next in line to take off, once that 777 ahead of you goes
    You should be able to see The Bridge of television fame any time now, assuming you have access to a window facing to starboard

Comment

Just spent the last 30 minutes working out how to get something delivered somewhere else today...

Thankfully uber eats can do it
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch: half a big pork pie with a bag of plain crisps

I see lm's plane is at 0ft and 0kts, which can be a bad thing but in this case it's also at Helsinki airport, so it's probably just a result of arriving

I was dithering over when to do the shopping, but then I realised I don't need anything. So I won't bother

Comment

Afternoon all, Helsinki calling, local time 1554

Very simpsonesque clouds here. Currently 26 degrees and will be starting to cool off in a couple of hours.

Easy transfer to the Schengen side of the airport and we are now sat in the Finnair lounge awaiting our last flight before we get an actual bed for the first time since Weds evening (HI time).

I slept for most of the flight so, if I'd had a window seat, any view would have been wasted on me.
          Last edited by ladymuck; 23 June 2023, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Just spent the last 30 minutes working out how to get something delivered somewhere else today...

Thankfully uber eats can do it
            And the delivery has arrived - so Lucy has sparkling wine (albeit not Champagne) to celebrate her win last night.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Evening all, Praha calling, local time 1921

Overcast, windy. 17 degrees with rain forecast this evening.

Checking into the airport hotel for some much needed sleep.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 24 June 2023, 04:51.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                :wave

Evening all, Praha calling, local time 1921

Overcast, windy. 17 degrees with rain forecast this evening.

Checking into the airport hotel for some much needed sleep.

Comment

Well, my Mum's mobility had apparently come on in (metaphorical) leaps and bounds over the past week and they were planning to send her home on Monday… but now she's got another chest infection

They sent her over the river to the main hospital for a chest x-ray, but the consultant there decided to admit her for a course of intravenous antibiotics over the weekend just based on listening to her chest, before they'd even done the x-ray

Comment

Our next bonkers trip starts in just three weeks. I need to check it's up to date but all the flights are listed here should you want to follow along

https://myflightpath.club/@Fluffymitten/flights

Comment

Tea: rack of ribs (with the honey-based BBQ coating) and fries

Accompanied by part of a further S6 episode of Trucking Hell

No TV before that, as I was mucking around with my SwiftUI app. Managed to work out a few more bits. Maybe it'll even become useful for something at some point

And it turns out I didn't miss the gold hunters on Monday as they've done the thing of abandoning the series halfway through to show something about a completely different set of gold hunters, possibly in another country

Comment

Working...
                      X