• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all (local time 0652)

Sunny with chunks of fluff. Currently 23 degrees with a high of 29 expected. At the moment humidity is at 82%. Haven't gone outside yet to experience this.

This is our last full day in Waikki, not sure what we're going to do yet.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 19 June 2023, 16:56.

Comment

Finally turned sunny and Simpsonesque here

Current population of the big lawn: four pigeons; two magpies; and two people from the block opposite sitting in garden chairs they brought out with them

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Accompanied by S6E17 of Trucking Hell as there's nothing new in the worlds of either car repairs or gold hunting

Comment

Seven!

Later viewing was E2 of the Britain's Biggest Warship thing about the aircraft carrier. Some very interesting stuff about a potentially major problem uncovered during sea trials that turned out to be caused by an incorrect calculation several years previously which had never been spotted by anybody

And then to bed to read one of my ongoing books, except just then the news about the Commons vote came through, so I've been joining in the resounding virtual laughter on Twitter

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey rainy start out. Currently 16°C, with 22° expected to be the highest we get, and the barometers are roughly unchanged at 996/1004mB

The precipitation is varying between light drizzle and steady rain (the latter right now) and is expected to continue until as late as lunchtime. There's also a moderate warning for thunderstorms

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Wanly sunny.

Damp.

Blue sky in parts.

NotSoWarm in here at 22.5 deg, 23.5 in the kitchen, 21.5 deg in the leanto.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.53 psi, (down from 1003 last night), 67% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 19th of June 2019 covbob was getting fed up with working from home & his sleep apnoea, NF was rearranging the living room & constucting an Ikea thingie that had matured in its box for two years or so, whilst I'd been to an old fart's meeting in Swansea, then done some gardening, and the brave little soldier next door had managed to do a half arsed job of mowing his lawns, something that didn't happen often.

Freecell score in the morning downpour: 91%, running average: 85% (85.41%).

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of nonbluegreen toasted bread (which may or may not be oat & barley), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about kids sharing the parental home due to necessity. It went <click>.

Upstairs roughly vacced with little enthusiasm.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S1 E7. No Rory.

Tea: Morrisons hot & spicy sausage plus some bacon, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E the Hummer one: bought: $12k5, total: $20,173, sold: $25k. Turned into a super duper camping vehicle with a built in kitchen, cooker, kitchen sink.

Joy of Painting with dear old whispering Bob Ross.

Joy of Painting with dear old whispering Bob Ross. . That was an odd one with lots of red rocks. .

The Human Jungle: so that's what happens when you put all the lead crystal in a Hotpoint Empress washing machine. Who'd have thunk? It makes an awful tinkley sort of noise and the washing machine is never quite the same ever again. Ah she says doesn't get her rocks off. Her husbands says different. Then she offs 3 swans with a rifle. And accuses the good doctor of attempted rape. What a tangled web.

Maigret in Monmarte, 1991 S1 E4. Back to S1? It's the mysterious Oscar and the countess one.

Blaze: Megadisasters: Global Thermonuclear War Methane burps.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 June 2023, 22:00.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Warm and dry. Cooler than the past few weeks and much more comfortable.

Today I learned that there is a such a thing as "monkey torture" where people around the world pay to view and direct the act of inflicting harm upon monkeys.

I ******* hate people. I find it hard to argue that the world is a better place with us in it.

--- Edit ---

Normal service will resume in a week or so and after my holiday to a remote cottage on the coast without access to a TV or the internet.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch: ham toasties

The rain had stopped, but then resumed for a bit. I think it's done now though

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Today I learned that there is a such a thing as "monkey torture" where people around the world pay to view and direct the act of inflicting harm upon monkeys.

Every day is a school day.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

One of the nose pads came off my old reading glasses yesterday, these being the ones I use while working, so I ordered a box of them in various sizes that comes with a suitable screwdriver and stuff off Amazon. Just arrived, so I've fitted new ones and I have to say, if anything they're more comfortable than the originals - I think they're slightly squidgier plastic

Comment

Working...
                      X