• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now, a nice strawberry tart

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Not a great deal of wet stuff here although probably just about topped up de butts. No lightning.
      We just had the one bolt of lightning, about a third of a mile away according to the lightning map, with two more almost simultaneously three to five miles away. So we got a good crack of thunder and then the sounds combined to give a nice rolling peal after

Comment

Morning all (local time 1023)

Sunny with occasional fluff. Currently 26 degrees ('feels like' 28) with a high of 29 expected. Feels more humid today so I checked and it's at 69%. As I hadn't looked previously, I can't say if that is more or less than previous days.

Today we went to look at Waikki beach. It's nice enough as beaches go. I like the sea but not beaches. All that sand. Ugh.

Comment

No light showers, but we've just had another torrential downpour lasting about fifteen minutes

The day saw the usual Canadian and New Zealand stuff, and this evening there was a new Traffic Cops and an old 24 Hours in A&E

And then to bed to read a further chapter of Attack Warning Red!

Monday again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Afternoon all (local time 1334)

Hot and muggy out. We have been hopping from one air-conditioned shopping mall to the next looking for souvenirs and postcards. Discovered that it's the same half dozen shops over and over.

Comment

Still Sunday here (local time 2030)

In Chinatown having cocktails and tacos. Yep.

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Damp.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cooler in here at 22.4 deg, 23.5 deg in the kitchen, 21.5 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.677633 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.576 psi, (up from 1004 last night), 67% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Torrential overnight.

Woke unbidden at 05:50 yetafeckinggain.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 85%.

Meanwhile on the 18th of June 2019 following my "retirement" party I was gifted with a plant by my dear niece, said plant surviving in good health until January this year when I was too fecking stupid to put it somewhere warmer so it died of frost, along with a nice bottle of single malt that kept the other bottles company in the cupboard until I started drinking it. Nearly all gone now. And, for some unknown reason, I lit a nice bonfire since it was dark & raining.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away, 34 bus out, 38 bus back.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust (with the bluegreen bits excised), red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of non bluegreen aflicted loaf, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

For the first time ever 3 slices of bread were consigned to the compost heap.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about fake companies, stolen personal details, scamming bastards, and similar miracles of the digital world.

TWATO.

Walk (abbreviated alternative revised revised route) walked in the cool of the trees and unbearable heat otherwise. Thankfully a nice breeze helped a bit.

Downstairs roughly vacced for want of anything better to do.

Entertainment: the conspiracy thing from 09:45 this morning though seemed to intervene on occasion.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Spotted the hedgehog just now. It's looking quite plump & happy, but shouldn't be out & about in the sun.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E Sunbeam Alpine with the tubo'lard pretending to be Cdr. J. Bond Esq. Bought: $7k plus a box of bits, total: $12,373, sold: $18k. It's discovered to have a Brabham rocker cover, the bottom end of an engine from a Minx 3B, a high lift cam, an alloy head, and a 4 to 2 to 1 exhaust header.

Joy of Painting on Sky Arts with Whispering Bob Ross.

Joy of Painting on Sky Arts with Whispering Bob Ross.

Weatherman Walking on BBC1W: Hirwaun. Tower Colliery is now a zip line place. Otters on the River Usk.

NCIS S19 E17 "starting over": crossover ep introducing NCIS Hawaii. That should be tedious. Dunno about the Hawaii bit but the rest of it is better than a fair few of the recent offerings. Oh good. The remainder of the story is on NCIS Hawaii which appears to be invisible. I fecking hate it when they do that.

Car SOS S10 E5 Dennis D-series Fire Engine. WTF? WTF ^2? Well that was fecking tedious.

Missing submersible twatting about visiting Titanic. If it's sprung a leak at least it'll be a quick way to go..
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 June 2023, 22:01.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, albeit with a patchy layer of fluffy stuff over to the west. Not sure if that's receding or approaching. It looks like there've been some additional showers overnight. Already up to 16°C, with 23°C later, and the barometers are steady at 997/1005mB

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was Scotch broth with a bit of seedy wholemeal

Comment

Working...
                      X