• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sunny here, barely any wisps of cloud in the sky. The droopy yellow flowers on the laburnum next door but one provide a nice splash of colour amidst the various hues of the foliage of all the other trees (including a copper birch) I can see through the window if I crane my neck and look over the top of the iMac

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with seedy bloomer toast. Very nice

Comment

Lunch was a cheese and ham toastie.

Busy yet again this morning. I seem to suddenly be required to actually work. This is unacceptable.

Need to (a) do some laundry and (b) find a local garage for a service and MOT. These are far more important tasks.

Comment

Chilly, dry, and slightly overcast.

Weather same.

Tires kicked. First day of car shopping has drained all enthusiasm for having to do this again and again until done. Apparently they can park themselves these days. Who knew? Modern world is scary.

Might have some tea with a jam (blueberry) sandwich to get over the whole sordid experience.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan. Very nice

And it continues to be a pleasant evening out there. The pigeons are taking advantage of the extended daylight to forage about on the lawn, along with a blackbird over near the hedge

Comment

At the weekend I borrowed the grass strimmer I gave to my parents when I moved out of Sussex 10+ years ago to have at the edges of the lawn where they've not been cut in properly.

Some lazy feckless eejit has put planks of wood around the edge which the grass just grows behind. This evening I strimmed it so I can now get the wood out and cut in the edge properly. I might mow the lawn first though.

Then I watched HIGNFY and MasterChef.

Comment

The car earlier was the little Messerschmitt thing that went off to live in Sweden. And the gold diggers were doing OK except for the one who decided to pack it all in and left

Later, something I'd been meaning to watch for ages: Slow Horses, an Apple TV thing about a run down MI5 office which is the dumping ground for agents who are past their best or have messed up badly. S1E1 was entertaining, so I shall continue

And so to bed for a bit more of Pepys' doings in November 1666. He's got his new clothes of the fashion the King decreed would be worn at Court henceforth, which apparently evolved into the waistcoat with coat or jacket over that we know to this day; so that's Charles II's fault. And everybody is still in a tizz over the rumour that the Catholics are going to rise up and murder everybody in their beds some time in the next few days

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start, currently 11°C and rising to 19° by early afternoon, and I daresay the increased cloud that's predicted will tend more towards the Simpsonesque than the thunderous. Currently trending upwards on the barometers at 1018/1026mB

Comment

Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 18.1 deg, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1025 mBar, 30.268 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi (up from 1023 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Another Spider on the head moment a little earlier.

Meanwhile on the 9th of June 2019 I watched the season finale of the Oak Island nutjobbery while NF watched some film "Behind Enemy Lines" about nasty Nazis in some Ukrainian village in 1941. It didn't end well apparently.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unbearable heat.

Bee count was very disappointing: six or seven, one bumblebee. WTF is going on?

Some bees active around the hives up by the forestry house.

Peacock buttery spotted, along with a couple of small whites, indeterminate whites.

However back here the bees seem to have found my fried egg plants and are very happy with those.

The dandelions and clover: totally ignored.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog (penultimate), bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Sliced Bread: hayfever tablets: no mention of the wonderful sodium chromoglycate eye drops.

TWATO waffling on about the usual tulipe. It just went <click> due to that fecking irritating presenter woman who just loves the sound of her own voice.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 85%.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E16 Citroen HY Van: bought: £4k5, total (including a shedload of unnecessary electronics): £19k, sold: £23k. Taxed to October, no MOT history other than a Fail in 2015.

Brian Cox interview. (The sweary one not the professor).

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 85%.

Evidence of the Unexplained: last 10 minutes or so, more ufo bollox.

Craig Charles: UFO Conspiracies. The Stephenville UFO with assorted F16s.

The Curse of Skinwalker Ranch: more bollox.

Great. Just been asked for a reference for someone I've never heard of in Texas. Yeeeeehaw! I must have some sort of namesake over there.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 May 2023, 22:17.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A couple of days ago, I thought I heard somebody moving around in the flat upstairs. So I went on Rightmove to see if it had been sold (it hasn't, so probably just the estate agent or someone checking it's OK), then idly followed the "other properties sold in this area" link.

Naturally, it included my purchase of this place - but for some reason, it illustrated it with the photos from when it was sold to the previous owner back in 2016. So I was able to see what it was like when she got it

I am very glad indeed that she had the bathroom and kitchen done; the bathroom in particular looked like it hadn't been touched in a good twenty years or more, and not a lot spent on it then. And the kitchen had very cheap-looking worktops and checkerboard tiles on the floor, though it isn't large enough that you'd even be able to play chess on them

Also, the full-length mirrors on the built-in wardrobe that occupies one end of the bedroom weren't her idea

Comment

Working...
                      X