• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Cloud cover set to dissipate as the day progresses. No rain forecast. Barometer continues it slow downward trend to 1021 mBar.

Was woken up at about 3.30am by mechanical racket going on outside. Sounded like the bin men doing something. Dozed, woke again by more racket before 5am. Then the early morning sunshine kept me from properly sleeping until my alarm went off, at which point I fell asleep . Absolutely knackered. I might go for a lie down after this morning's meetings have been done.

I also really ought to sort out black out blinds in the bedroom.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch was chicken and barley soup with a crust of wholemeal

Very nice out now. First time I've worked in the study with the window open. Somebody hereabouts is using a strimmer, or similar noise-generating apparatus

Comment

Today's new toy from Amazon: an ultrasonic cleaning thing. Various small items that came to hand are now looking a bit cleaner than they were before

Comment

Tea: ribs and chips

Comment

The car earlier was the Caterham, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to it so have no idea what its current status is. And the gold diggers chugged along.

Later, the new gold diggers did OK, particularly the ones who found a 12oz nugget

And so to bed to read some more of Pepys' doings in October 1666. They seem to have dodged getting into trouble over the Navy accounts for now, but there's much confusion in Parliament over how to adequately fund the King; they're considering inventing stamp duty - well, copying the idea from the Spanish

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start though it's clearing a bit; we'll be dependent on gaps for direct sunlight all day though, according to the predictions. Currently 11°, high of 18° expected, and the barometers are back up again at 1015/1023mBm

I had a rather unsettled night's sleep for some reason, awaking feeling unrefreshed and a bit achy around the lower back

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

White sky.

Not sunny but bright.

Cool in here at 18 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.83736 psi, (up from 1018 last night if I actually remembered to tap the thing).

Looked out of the bedroom window last night to see the New Moon looking quite fiery and red as it set over Drummau.

Meanwhile on the 9th of June 2019 I awoke early, read some book, returned to nod, woke again, roasted some lamb which turned out rather well, while LM was avoiding revising for an exam.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y working from home with the mandatory Software Engineer phoning in.

TWATO.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 85%.

Back bedroom & living room roughly vacced. Even moved stuff in the living room.

Tea: breaded haddock, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Colonel March: The Invisible Knife: the Norwegian Blue parrot and bullet proof vest one.

Scotland Yard: Late Night Final. 1954. With that Edgar Lustgarten chap again.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E14 Ford "RS2000" Rally Car. It's a left hooker. bought: £6750, total: £12k3, sold: £12,999. Taxed to April next year. MOT free from the looks of it. Stone me, this is tedious. Motormouth seems even louder than usual.

Maigret and the Spinster S4 E3 1994. That was set firmly in 1950. Rather good. Lucas appeared but without the prominence he achieved in the 1960s BBC version.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 May 2023, 22:03.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with flecks of blue sky. Dry. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 18 later. Barometer has recovered a bit up to 1026 mBar.

Once again vehicular traffic noise woke me up at the nether regions of the morning. Managed to get back to sleep on account of having both the blind and the curtain shut to reduce early morning glare. The next time I awoke was to some artist blathering on about making something out of avocado trays and crochet socks. Having the curtains as well as the blind shut is better than the blind only but does reduce airflow, as it's now open window season for the foreseeable future.

Yesterday I went to the BBC Radio Theatre on Portland Place to watch an episode of Infinite Monkey Cage being recorded. It'll be aired sometime next month. It was about bees and wasps and it was very fun and informative. I completely forgot that the question for the audience to answer traditionally includes a D:Ream pun and a joke about Prof Cox's hair or the fact he doesn't age. Fortunately, two other people (or the production team) came up with the goods.

Comment

Warm and bright with the sun beginning to burn through earlier overcast skies.

Could be a nice day.

Currently using ChatGPT to answer the boring "explain how you would" questions from the spotty-faces teens that seem to have infested recruitment. #Winning.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X