• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My headache hasn't shifted much today but I've managed to be reasonably functional.

Comment

Half the turf is lifted for the second set of veg beds, and 2 bags of topsoil are arriving tomorrow (Devon time, which means maybe Thursday). The first set went in yesterday and are currently half full of mushroom compost.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That's another billable day done

For the record, parsing emails these days can be stupidly complicated and I blame the idiot who thought allowing them to contain HTML was a good idea. Plain text is all anybody ever needed

Lunch was pâté on toast

Sunny out now; there's a pigeon on the drive just standing there, basking. I assume the concrete is warm and it's enjoying having nice toasty feet

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

My Mum's home from hospital

Comment

Yay for NF’s mum.

TFBSZ here, having dug in the other 2 veg beds in time for the topsoil arriving tomorrow. Took about a tonne of compost to half fill them.
            Anyone want to give me a hand tomorrow moving 1.5t of topsoil when it arrives?

Comment

The car earlier was a Maserati 3200GT; SORN and MOT expired in January 2021, so maybe they were carried off in the second wave

And a not-new season of the gold diggers began. This one must have been made during the first year of the pandemic, but it never gets mentioned despite Australia having had very strict lockdowns and so on

And then a new episode of Traffic Cops

Finally, a couple more chapters of Ra

Another early night now

Goodnight all

Comment

Still awake.

Comment

Morning all :

Sleep has evaded me. Time to make R&G jam.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was sunny about forty-five minutes ago but since then a high haze has moved in, and it looks as if it'll turn cloudy and breezy shortly. Currently 9°C and reaching 15° briefly this afternoon, while the barometers are down a touch at 1016/1024mB

Comment

10 jars of jam made. Had some of the leftovers on toast for breakfast, it was very pleasant.

Comment

Working...
                      X