• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

What a surprise: grey day out

Currently just 3°C and not expected to get past 5°, and the barometers are distinctly down at 1007/1016mB. It's expected to get very much colder during the week, but the 40% chance of snow on Tuesday has been traded away in return for an increase to 60% of the likelihood of snow on Thursday

Comment

As we were pruning a hedge yesterday I found two black bin bags, that have been there since 2004 (based on the expiry date on an empty bag of crisps in them)
      I re-bagged them, since they were falling apart, also checked for human remains, etc (you never know if previous owners also had a penchant for dismembering), and so I’m off to the tip with them.
      Will call in at Lidl on the way back for a loaf of Low GI and maybe some wine. Then I have to go out to the horses to fix a bit of damaged fence.
      After that, I’ll probably start my own jobs, or take The DogTW out for a walk.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch: a fry-up. Very tasty

Accompanied by US border agents ruining people's lives

Comment

While frying, I noticed that the filter in the cooker hood was looking rather grungy. So I dug out the manual, and opened the machine up to measure the existing one, and ordered some replacement filter sheets off Amazon. It turns out these things aren't manufactured to any kind of industry standard sizing so I'll have to cut the sheet down to size myself, like an animal

Comment

Tea has been herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Horses now happy in a bigger field.
              Neighbour’s unmentionables now smelling of smoke.
              The DogTW is Billy Buggered

…and it’s TFBSZ for me.

Comment

Earlier viewing was the usual NZ traffic cop stuff. And later, I found that I have no outstanding episodes of either Surgeons or Ambulance available to me, so it was several old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E (about time we had a new one of those too)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, but a bit rainy as well, just for a change. Currently 4°C and maybe getting to 7° later, but the barometers are sharply down at 993/1001mB

The cold snap starts tonight, with a 30% chance of snow in the small hours

Pigeons and a squirrel are braving the weather out the front

I'm currently in a phone queue at the nearby health centre, which finally got around to registering me last week, as they phoned me regarding an appointment for a medication review and I'm pretty sure they said it would be some time today. But I've had no confirmation or specific time given, and for all I know they meant next Monday; my minor hearing loss means I don't do well with phones, something GP surgeries are apparently not equipped to deal with despite the obvious accessibility requirements. The phone robot reckoned that if I pressed 1, it would call me back when I'm near the head of the queue. We shall see…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I'm currently in a phone queue at the nearby health centre, which finally got around to registering me last week, as they phoned me regarding an appointment for a medication review and I'm pretty sure they said it would be some time today. But I've had no confirmation or specific time given, and for all I know they meant next Monday; my minor hearing loss means I don't do well with phones, something GP surgeries are apparently not equipped to deal with despite the obvious accessibility requirements. The phone robot reckoned that if I pressed 1, it would call me back when I'm near the head of the queue. We shall see…
                      Call returned, and by a human too!

Turns out it's a telephone appointment, this morning but any time from 8:30 onwards. So I just have to wait for their call, and if it comes during standup, so be it

Comment

Working...
                      X