• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

My 11am meeting has been moved to 2pm
    There should be laws against that kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

There should be laws against that kind of thing
      Gave me more time to do a tip run.
      ...and then because the meeting was late on a Friday, the person running it decided to make it 15 minutes instead of an hour.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Gave me more time to do a tip run.
        ...and then because the meeting was late on a Friday, the person running it decided to make it 15 minutes instead of an hour.
        Worth the tradeoff in the end then

Comment

Evening all

It's been a busy day and I didn't pay much attention to what was going on outside. It must have been overcast because I didn't get blinded by the afternoon sun reflecting off my monitor. I did have a look at the barometer and that moved up to 1027 mBar.

The billing week has ended on a low. After a working group of three of us hammering out testing, code fixing and more testing, we went live around 3pm with one of the reports that customers have been complaining about. We then needed to trial specific functionality before announcing it was available (production never being a perfect mirror of dev/QA environments). Such functionality was hard to prove as working on the front end and the logs indicated it wasn't working. So, the release was pulled around 5pm. The developer was very disappointed and the Head of Data now has to fend off angry board members for the further delay.

Comment

Tea: rack of ribs and chips

And Amazon arrived with a book I ordered at lunchtime. I could have opted to have it delivered tomorrow, but I just think it's cool to have a book (which I probably won't get around to reading for ages) brought to my door within six hours of ordering

Comment

The car tonight was a Morgan, requiring an entire new chassis. It was a lot of work, but was it all for naught? Currently SORN and last had a valid MOT in 2019

And the gold diggers were still getting their seasons started, with the Victoria team offloading some work to neighbours who end up featuring heavily as a team in their own right in later seasons

Comment

Bought a couple of death traps earlier. Might give one a go tonight.

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture was an anniversary (plus one day) special: King Kong (1933) which had its premiere in NYC on March 2nd 1933. The stop-motion stuff might look a bit cranky nowadays, but the way they manage to integrate The Ape's actions with in-camera stuff is phenomenally good by any standard. It's a tragic story and I don't think anybody can hold The Ape responsible for reacting as it did; I regard it as entirely blameless in the matter. But it's a jolly good film by the standards of any day

And then a premiere for me: Emily the Criminal (2022), being the story of a young woman saddled with student debt and unable to get a "proper" job because of a record of (fairly minor) misdemeanours who gets involved in credit card fraud. I really liked this one; the story develops naturally yet somehow ends up in places you wouldn't have expected it to go. Well worth a watch

Finally, a couple of episodes of The West Wing where they're still getting het up about the MS thing, as well they might; he almost got the entire cast put in prison with that one (except Mandy, and we still don't know how or why she was disappeared)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 7 expected. 40% chance of showers this morning. Barometer up a bit to 1029 mBar.

Up early for a weekend on account of a hairdresser appointment. I thought it was at 10 am but the SMS reminder says 11 am, so I have time for a coffee before leaving the house.

Comment

Working...
                      X