• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Suppose I'd better send thousands of pounds to the solicitor again while I remember
    And done. So far today I've spent nearly £20,000, and I haven't even got up or finished my coffee yet, never mind looked at Amazon's Black Friday deals

Comment

And done. So far today I've spent nearly £20,000, and I haven't even got up or finished my coffee yet, never mind looked at Amazon's Black Friday deals
      Have you got removal men booked?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

At some point today the first contract payment in over 3 years will hit my bank account
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Have you got removal men booked?
          Not yet - I've got a while to get things shifted because of notice on the flat, and I can move a lot of stuff myself so I just need big stuff to be handled by the professionals. Going to start ringing round next week. Thinking about hiring a small van too, to save myself ferrying small quantities of stuff over in the car, and that would mean I can move more stuff myself.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            At some point today the first contract payment in over 3 years will hit my bank account
            Boomed!

Comment

Looks like I might be getting back into ClientGov - same department but a new greenfield project and team. TBH I found some of the stuff I was working on this year a bit dull at times, but this one would be pretty interesting - I already know a lot of the details as it was being discussed before I finished

If it comes off, it'll probably be a New Year kickoff, which would fit in nicely with my intention of getting the move done and dusted during December.

Comment

Email from the solicitor acknowledging receipt of all my earthly wealth. tulip's getting real…

Comment

Email from the solicitor acknowledging receipt of all my earthly wealth. tulip's getting real…
                  House move! House move!

Exciting -you reminded me of a story I read yesterday.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

House move! House move!

Exciting -you reminded me of a story I read yesterday.
                    Question is whether Twitter will last long enough for me to post a selfie holding up the keys to the new place

Comment

Lunch has been Scotch broth

No bread with it because I had my toast very late this morning, and the soup's very filling in its own right

Comment

Working...
                      X