• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mainly repeats tonight, starting with Goodfellas (1990) for obvious reasons. Still and forever a cracking film

And then Ex Machina (2014) for the less than obvious reason that it's been the movie equivalent of an earworm for me for a couple of days, so I figured watching it might get rid of it. So I did. Having done so, I still have no idea why I should have done so, but maybe it'll have cleared my head of it. And it's very good, so rewatching it wasn't a problem

And then another episode of S2 of that Cobra thing. It continues to be an absolute pile of crap, but worse. I'm only watching the remainder of it because I don't want to be defeated by it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chillier in here at 16.7 deg.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 768.1 Torr, 14.852 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH.

Saturday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warmish sunshine.

Next batch of fiery bol duly cooked, however during prep for the next batch of chilli con carne, a missing ingredient was detected, so a trip to town is required since I doubt if the post office up the road has it in stock.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

I only wanted a red pepper but came away with £15 of other stuff to fit in the freezer somehow or other.

Next batch of chilli con carne cooked, portioned up & put in the freezer.

Cooker hob cleaned & by jingo it needed it.

The dishwater was a delicate shade of dark brown by the end of it all.

Entertainment: variously Money Box, The News Quiz, Any Questions, and Any Answers, with <click> intervening here & there as irritation levels increased.

That Bunter chap seems pretty unpopular at the moment. .

Everything portioned up & in the freezer along with the kg of mince I bought this afternoon.

Supposed to be emptying the freezer in theory but it doesn't seem to be working very well in practice.

Tea: spag with some moderately fiery bol, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (if as such it might rationally be defined): Ancient Astronaut bollox: 10 year old eps from 2012 which explains why the fright haired Greek Septic looks so much younger. .

The inevitable Rendlesham forest made its usual appearance, along with the decrypt of the 6 pages of binary downloaded into the chap who touched the UFO.

It didn't explain if it was 8 bit ascii, 7 bit ascii, or EBCDIC, which was a bit remiss.

Currently it's waffling on about pyramids, the ancient electric battery from the Iraq museum & similar tosh.

One of the clowns comes out with the theory that making a cell bigger makes the terminal voltages higher. .

If only it were so. .

I think Tesla is about to make Yet Another Appearance, though at the moment it's earth meridians. .

And with that it becomes, voila!, Pink Floyd live in Venice. Gilmour with hair, who'd have thunk?

Failing to find anything else: Freecell score: 85%, running average 85% (84.589%ish). Feck me that was a struggle, it was down at 25% at one point. .

The Repair Shoppe: some wall clock or other apparently, crib, piano powder compact.

The flittermice are busily flittering about outside. I shall refrain from catching any to make soup.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 May 2022, 22:20.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny, no clouds visible in the small patch of sky that I can see. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses but no rain forecast. Barometer up a smidge to 1025 mbar.

No viewings booked today.

HWMBO arrives this evening, just staying overnight on his way to drone on at people about TOGAF.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and rather Simpsonesque out, a pleasant 16°C and maybe reaching 17° soon, and the barometers are slightly up at 1017/1025mB

There's a 40% chance of a shower between seven and eight this evening though

Comment

Just had a couple of croissants with strawberry jam

Comment

I have not been outside today, if you don't count going out to sweep the steps and patio of tree and builder crud, even though neither have finished their destruction of my plants.

I watched a couple of episodes of Lucy Worsley Investigates and then remembered I'd heard of a 6 Music programme about the making of OK Computer by Radiohead. After about 30 mins of listening, I decided I'd rather listen to the album instead of some bloke talking about creative processes and the like. So I did that.

Now having a G&T while I contemplate what album to put on next to drown out the sounds of people having fun in the sunshine.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the Chinese
                  And very nice too

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Desk Set (1957) in which Katherine Hepburn's department at a TV station is at risk of being replaced by an electronic brain created by Spencer Tracy. With the electronic brains being provided by IBM, this is probably one of the first films where the plot is based around a computer, and it's jolly good fun

Next up was a rewatch of Morgan (2016) which is similar to Ex Machina in many ways, though as they were released within a year of each other and it takes quite a while to make and release a film, it was probably just a case of great minds thinking alike, like that time we got two movies about an asteroid on its way to destroy the Earth in the same year. It's very good

And it also has Michelle Yeoh as a member of the cast, which naturally made me think of Crazy Rich Asians (2018) in which she has a major role; so then I watched that again. It's yet more good fun

Goodnight all

Comment

Merry Oak Apple day.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly at 17.4 deg.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.764 psi, (dunno), 73% RH.

Sunday.

Every time I post something here, I end up back in 2018, today it is 26th September 2018 wherein I was busily setting up The New Lab and The New Office and The New Other Lab.

From the sounds of things, setting up The New Lab and The New Office were a complete & utter waste of time.

The New Office has been stripped of all the components, whilst The New Lab is having A New Partition installed at the rear for some reason.

Pissups & breweries spring to mind. .

It's getting darker & darker out there.

Grey grey grey.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

Lunch: Morrisons best of cumberland sausages (reduced) with onion gravy, a red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Rather toothsome all in all.

Entertainment: Just a Minute, The Food Programme. TWTW (just to add to the joy of life of course).

Freecell score: 100% (of 19), running average 85% (84.62%).

Rain stopped.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Tea: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing on R4 about kids being strip searched by the plod, specifically the Met.

Freecell score: 100% (of 20), running average 85%.

The real Top Gun on Smithsonian. Amusing enough.

The world's smallest planes ditto. Stone me some of those contraptions look lethal, others look really neat.

Mae West on PBS.

More of "The Industrial Revolutionaries" read.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 May 2022, 22:14.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X