• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been watching Broadchurch.

Very depressing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Been watching Broadchurch.

Very depressing.
        I never gave Broadchurch a try, is it good despite being depressing?

Comment

Our migration is missing ~12k files (~25k file versions) because this part of the business creates a new folder when there's an audit and copy the project documents into it. The legacy system keeps the original created/modified date of the document and as that is before the alpha migration date (often by years) it's not being picked up.

So scripts have to be updated in the morning and another 8 hour wait for the data to be re-ingested.

It's possible we'll still go live tomorrow but it's pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In the other Chinese
            And very nice too

Still a pretty mild night out

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Resident Evil: Extinction (2007), being the third of that ilk. These are all much better than I expected them to be

And I came really close to guessing its MPAA number: I went for 43691 and it's 43694, so only three away, which is closer than I've been in a long time; I think I was about a hundred off with something last year

And then a rewatch of 300 (2006) in which the Spartans do what Spartans do, or did, and very well too

Finally, another rewatch: I Am Legend (2007) but the version with the alternative ending, because it's a much better ending

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dry.

Sunless.

NotSoCold at 13 deg in here.

1035 mBar, 30.56 in Hg, 776.3 Torr, 15.011 psi, 63% RH.

Sunday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom of the day.

Chilly out there.

Lunch: uninneresting sausage (not cumberland or The Best, just pink) with mash & onion gravy (gravy was odd too, it was only the burned onions that gave it any colour), 2 x yogs (passed the BBE), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Bab5 S1 E5 "Parliament of Dreams"

Bab5 S1 E6 "Mind War" wherein we find why going to Sigma 957 is A Bad Idea.

Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder on Sky Arts (again).

Pink Floyd Pulse on Sky Arts (again again).

Bab5 S1 E7 "The War prayer"

Bab5 S1 E8 "Sky full of stars" "There's a hole in your mind".

Just had a very brief power cut that encouraged the boiler to start circulating the water for a while.

It also crashed this now batteryless box & turned the telly off.

I reached PF satiation rather before the actual end of "Pulse" since I don't much like that last song.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 January 2022, 23:55.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy and dry. Currently 6 degrees and that's the high for the day. The sun is not expected to make an appearance. Barometer steady at 1035 mBar.

Towels in the WM and the bed has been stripped to air.

Back to work soon. The vendor fixed their code (never mind that they knew of the issue last week) and restarted their bit at 0400 (Dutch time, I assume). Hopefully there'll be some better news at our 1100 call coming up.

Comment

Towels out, bed linen part 1 in.

Researching evergreen shade-loving climbers that aren't ivy for a wall in my patio while waiting to start work.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day again but not as warm, with the peak of 4°C already reached; barometers pretty steady with a very slight fall to 1028/1036mB

Comment

Working...
                      X