• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Dull and overcast but dry. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Nothing much planned for today. A pootle up to Portobello Road to get our money back for the dummy wine and not a lot else really. There's a delicious beef rib stew that's been maturing in the fridge for tea.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: pancetta omelette. Very tasty

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Not too bad out, but I thought I could sense the cold spell starting to move in - something about the light breeze at the start

Comment

Just realised tomorrow isn't a Bank Holiday; it's only Christmas that gets two extra ones

Of course, the only difference this makes to me is that I can get stuff done that I couldn't have otherwise, such as going to the pharmacy to find they don't have any LFTs

Comment

Comment

HWMBO and I sorted out the fake wine refund and were given a bottle of fizz by way of apology so we were technically up on the day. We then popped round the corner to a small French cafe and had a (very) late lunch. We weren't quite ready to go home so headed to the bar with three names for a cocktail, or two, three, four.

Home now and at some point HMWBO needs to finish off the short rib beef stew he's been preparing over the past two days before I order a kebab topped pizza.

Comment

Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce, with chunky chips and peas

Accompanied by the BBC Wales programme The Crash Detectives (which is what it's called on iPlayer; its title sequence seems to omit the "The" though) S3E1

Hoping S3 won't be quite as disconcerting as S2, in which E2 turned out to be about a crash that had killed someone I knew

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Links are up
                    I’ll save that post for tomorrow.

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Further viewing has been S5E7 of The Repair Shop, from back in the days when they didn't have to stand miles away from each other (2019)

Work seems to be continuing late at the kebab shop, where I think the refurbishment must be complete and they're just getting everything shipshape ready to reopen tomorrow.

Early night for me though, with vague hopes of getting some stuff done tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X