• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I am starting to get a little tired now so it will be off to bed soon
    I'd be interested in your opinions on my question, above, before you do...
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
      I'm not enquiring as to the state of your finances, please don't think I am - but, realistically, how much can one make out of, for example, having a card in the local Co-op or something. The reason for my enquiry is that I work 4 on 4 off, so have a lot of spare time...
      I haven't gone that route myself, but have seen the cards and even took on one guy full time last year. he stuck with me for 5 months before getting a contract with business statistics. he said that he could make anywhere from £60 to £600 a week depending on callout's. put money in his pocket between contracts, and a lot of it was cash.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I haven't gone that route myself, but have seen the cards and even took on one guy full time last year. he stuck with me for 5 months before getting a contract with business statistics. he said that he could make anywhere from £60 to £600 a week depending on callout's. put money in his pocket between contracts, and a lot of it was cash.
        If I just knew how to charge, that would help immensely. I would gladly do it.
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I suppose that it depends on customer demand. I prefer contracted support work through suppliers.

Comment

I suppose that it depends on customer demand. I prefer contracted support work through suppliers.
            It does, naturally. I would also prefer the latter, but couldn't commit to it full time (if one needs to, that is); also, I would have no idea of how to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
              If I just knew how to charge, that would help immensely. I would gladly do it.
              There are a lot of small Suppliers to the home user from corner & backstreet shops etc, try getting an Idea from them. Christmas would be the best time as well. lot of work on the home front over Christmas. you may even get some referal work from the shops that can't handle the demand.
              Last year we were run ragged over Christmas and I lost two staff to a competitor who was in the same fix and offered them stupid money to desert.
              (He laid them off in Feb) I took one of them back on after

Comment

I got stuck into a diving contract (the photo one) in March and stepped away from the IT side for several months. the manager who was running it for me wanted to buy it so I sold it to him, I have just been informed that he has taken on a partner now to help fund expansion. I hope he does well, he works hard and deserves it.

Comment

There are a lot of small Suppliers to the home user from corner & backstreet shops etc, try getting an Idea from them. Christmas would be the best time as well. lot of work on the home front over Christmas. you may even get some referal work from the shops that can't handle the demand.
                  Last year we were run ragged over Christmas and I lost two staff to a competitor who was in the same fix and offered them stupid money to desert.
                  (He laid them off in Feb) I took one of them back on after
                  Do you feel you can define 'stupid money' in an open forum - I'm purely interested as I'm seriously considering it now... Just to make that few extra quid, you know.

Comment

And with that I am orf.
                    Up again in a couple of hours and a busy day ahead.
                    Right hand swolen again too.
                    Too much keyboard bashing

Later

Have a good one

Comment

And with that I am orf.
                      Up again in a couple of hours and a busy day ahead.
                      Right hand swolen again too.
                      Too much keyboard bashing

Later

Have a good one
                      You too fella. Take care now

Comment

Working...
                      X