• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The weather's definitely borked: it's a fecking BH, this is Not Right.
    It’s a BH when nobody is allowed out to enjoy the weather. It was only ever about ruining people’s holidays, but now they come pre-ruined

Comment

Currently watching BBC Four - Score: Cinema's Greatest Soundtracks

All about how a film score can make or break a film, silent movies not being silent because they relied on the score to convey what was happening on screen, some iconic movies and their soundtracks (iconic being in the eye of beholder, of course).

And eating the last of the KFC

After this, the cake will be plenty cool enough to ice.

Comment

Missed Kermode's thing on BBC4 last evening for obvious reasons.

Since it's about romcoms I think I'll give it a miss.

<dish washing hiatus>

I have an overwhelming urge to fall asleep.

But if I do that I'll end up wide awake at 04:00 tomorrow.

Ho hum.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2020, 13:08.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The recycling bin has been trundled back in

They don’t seem so fussy about which colour bin liner the neighbours use at the moment

And, spotting while I was out there that the queue for Iceland was negligible, I popped in for some chunky battered fish - got the last box (cod) too

I also ended up buying other stuff like Magnums, as one does, so the freezer which was absolutely full after yesterday’s shop is now even more absolutely full

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Currently watching BBC Four - Score: Cinema's Greatest Soundtracks

All about how a film score can make or break a film, silent movies not being silent because they relied on the score to convey what was happening on screen, some iconic movies and their soundtracks (iconic being in the eye of beholder, of course).
            I went to a thing at Phoenix Arts (now the Sue Townsend Theatre) in the late 1990s with a pianist playing the original scores to accompany a showing of old “silent” films. It was really good

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I went to a thing at Phoenix Arts (now the Sue Townsend Theatre) in the late 1990s with a pianist playing the original scores to accompany a showing of old “silent” films. It was really good
              There was a Star Wars screening at the Royal Albert Hall last year with a full orchestra playing the score. Sadly didn't get tickets

Comment

Turned the page over to gather ingredients for icing.

I need more sour cream!

This means Going Outside.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  There was a Star Wars screening at the Royal Albert Hall last year with a full orchestra playing the score. Sadly didn't get tickets
                  I’ve always wanted to see Philip Glass conducting his full orchestra and choir for a showing of Koyaanisqatsi. He does a tour of it every few years, but given his age I think I may have missed my chance

Comment

Towels out of the TD.

Smalls off the line.

Sheets & pillowcases blowing in the wind.

Interweb thing getting distinctly slow.

Now off out for a walk.

I may be some time.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

yup, interthingy is definite slow
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X