• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still seem to have a lingering sniffle. It's annoying but otherwise I'm well. I always have a stash of tissues so have plenty enough for now.

Sunny out, light breeze but it's a bit chilly at the moment. Windows open, except in the office where it gets disproportionately cold and I have to wrap myself in a blanket.

I spent so long on meetings yesterday that my headset ran out of battery and I had to revert to PC speakers and the mic built into my webcam. Just two meetings today - top and tail of the day - so I may take a lunchtime wander to Tesco.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I still seem to have a lingering sniffle. It's annoying but otherwise I'm well. I always have a stash of tissues so have plenty enough for now.

Sunny out, light breeze but it's a bit chilly at the moment. Windows open, except in the office where it gets disproportionately cold and I have to wrap myself in a blanket.

I spent so long on meetings yesterday that my headset ran out of battery and I had to revert to PC speakers and the mic built into my webcam. Just two meetings today - top and tail of the day - so I may take a lunchtime wander to Tesco.
      As there is no boxing on the TV you can watch some live.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I haven't generated enough rubbish to put the bins out this evening. But thank you for thinking of me.
        I only put my recycle bin out every three weeks or so.
        and the waste bin is once a month <unless it begins to hum>

Comment

Morning all

I suspect I did rather too much yesterday:

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue skies.

No chem trails again.

Colder. Especially in here since I didn't have the heating on yesterday evening.

I've had my 0.91 imperial pints of good Glengettie tea.

Thanks for asking.

On the paper tissue stash: I have a cupboard full from the time when I was buying box upon box for Strangelove Pater, back in the day, long long ago when the advent of "Survivors" was just a bad dream.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            As there is no boxing on the TV you can watch some live.
            Scum-Food-Fighting...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Cheese on toast for breakfast.

Coffee #3

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, and warm enough to be going on with at 10°C

The Polish café is open for takeaway. The picture-framing guy’s shutter is partly raised, suggesting he is within going about his business though not open to the public. And the hardware shop has reopened! He must have read the small print at last

Quite like old times (a week ago) out there

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

"The Copper beeches". (Joss Ackland, Natasha Richardson).

This last being one I wasn't word perfect on.
                  And having the earliest mention of a pimp that I've encountered, in the form of an employment agency for governesses run by Miss S. Stoper.

Zero hair gel though.

I thought the page boy and the little gong were nice touches.

It's remarkably true to the story:

Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Google Books
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 March 2020, 13:14.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

leftover pizza for breakfast

now on third 40Cl cup of earl grey tea.

beginning to wake up now.

Comment

I forgot to drink coffee #3 so that has been put aside and a fresh cuppa made.

Comment

Working...
                      X