• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided not to make a ragu with the duck and instead made some yummy roasties and a rather nice, if I do say so myself, gravy with the saved duck juices and a dash of masala. Other veg featured too to make it look less like a shades of brown dinner.

Never got around to making a cake.

Watched the latest episodes of Would I Lie To You and QI XL for a bit of light relief.

Looking at options for my Singapore holiday in June.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Why?
      'cos you lot want me banned.

nasty barstewards.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        'cos you lot want me banned.

nasty barstewards.

I don't think anyone did? If it came across that way, I apologize.

Comment

Doctor Who mediocre, now watching "Vera".
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner was malaysian curry.
            chicken and chickpea, with my good friend's mum's curry powder.
            she sent me an embarrassing quantity of it over a year ago ;-)

it's extremely tasty and aromatic.

with a nice chablis.

Comment

I'm outside 3 glasses of port and one of Southern Comfort (I've drunk all the other orangey stuff such as Cointreau aside from the Gran Marnier).

<hiatus>

Still watching Vera.

The Oak Island nutjobs are next.

They've found a shaft under Smith's Cove.

Apparently it may spell the end of their endeavours. .
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 February 2020, 21:23.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Doctor Who mediocre, now watching "Vera".
                is it just me, or was the first guy shot with an automatic, while the guy at the standoff on the boat had a revolver?

Comment

Dinner was to have been roast chicken, but I couldn’t be bothered and the fowl’s got a few days left on the clock, so I ended up having some of the steak & ale from last week, with wedges and petits pois. Very tasty

The other week the till at Sainsbury’s gave me a voucher informing me that last year, I was the number 11 buyer of those big corn-fed chickens. Have to see if I can pull myself higher up the ratings this year

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    is it just me, or was the first guy shot with an automatic, while the guy at the standoff on the boat had a revolver?
                    I think you may well be right.

The Oak Island nutjobs:

Crane drivers on strike for 3 weeks, so nothing happening with the bore holes.

Gary found a button on the shoreline of Lot 1.

More timbers found in Smith's Cove.

In a fit of genius they've decided to use dendrochronology to date the big feck off timbers in Smith's Cove.

They took the top off some well close to the money pit & Gary found a Canadian $ coin and a couple of bits of lead at the bottom of it.

Yet another chap came along to relate the usual theory about the Knights Templar etc.

That's about it.

Next week they find another coin.

Comment

Tonight I finished Henry Marsh’s Do No Harm. I also have his second book, Admissions, inside the cover of which I found a receipt from Waterstones on Trafalgar Square, showing that I bought it there in June 2017; I was in London for the AWS Summit at Excel the following day, and bought it on the way from Charing Cross to the Harp

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X