• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was Chilli Con Carne.

Watched some professionals. Richard Hammond Big on the Kölnbrein Dam in Austria. There is a hotel there - I would love to go. I have beem to Zell am See three times with MrsBP - does not seem far beyond that.

Also saw drunk history. On the battle of Hastings. And Catherine Parr.

And first half of last leg ****** special.

Comment

I was an avid viewer of The Last Leg for many years but it just got a bit dull, shouty, and formulaic.

Currently watching the new Dracula.

Comment

my quadrophrenic jury is still out on 'picard'.
        i like scifi with pace.
        not stanislav lem.

meh.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          And very nice it was as always

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In the Chinese
            Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            is a pig's arse pork?
            scarily synchronous.
            oh, er.

Comment

Well Dracula got off to an exciting start!

BBC One - Dracula

I hope they didn't blow the budget on the first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Are you wearing flares?
                Is this the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius?
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

"Entrapment" done & dusted.

It would have been even better had they used the Scottish castle that appears in "Highlander".

Currently watching the Oak Island nutjobs catchup of last Sunday, for no real reason other than there's nothing else I want to watch.

I suppose Space 1999 might be amusing.

In other news, some sort of zit has just burst on my back, so I've had to put some plaster on it to stop it ruining a shirt.

And the bed sheets tonight.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Followed by "Entrapment" with Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones look you.

Entrapment (1999) - IMDb

It was pretty good all in all.
                  I thought I'd seen it recently. .

That's £2 down the drain.

Oh, good, there's a programme about Hiroshima on PBS, narrated by John Hurt.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 February 2020, 23:16.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    scarily synchronous.
                    oh, er.

I posted from the Chinese and when the page loaded in response to that your post was already present beneath it, so our posts were within milliseconds of each other

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Well Dracula got off to an exciting start!

BBC One - Dracula

I hope they didn't blow the budget on the first episode.
                    Ooh, that reminds me I intend to watch that - must make yet another mental note; though if it’s available for a while, I might re-read the book for the first time in many years first

Tonight’s viewing started with a film that I gave up on after thirty minutes; it may be irredeemable, or it may just be me, so I’ll hold off on naming and shaming until I’ve given it another chance when I’m in the mood for something like what I now know it to be.

Seeking somewhere to move on to from there, I realised that it’d been a while since I first watched No Country for Old Men (2007), and it’s not one of those films you only watch once, so I revisited that; and a very fine example of the cinematic arts it is

And after that, maybe not such a fine example as the story is questionable concerning the treatment of the female character, but I really like the special effects, so I compromised my moral principles (such as they are) to rewatch Passengers (2016). Questionable fun perhaps, but still fun

It’s teeming down outside now. I blame the weather

Goodnight all

Comment

Anyone seen BR14?

Comment

Working...
                      X