• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotch broth for lunch, with both wholemeal bread and sesame bloomer

Comment

Talking of phone calls, I had a 70 minute one earlier. With the HRMC victim contemplating suicide. She has taken a turn for the worst. Getting worried about Jan 31st deadline.

Comment

Now watching "A shot in the dark" which has 4:36 of some bint singing during the teaser, then another 4 minutes of animated credits before we actually get into the film itself.

Now wondering who the feck "Turk Thrust" is. .

Left as an exercise for the reader, if any.

<hiatus>

But it's much funnier than the first one, with Herbert Lom and Burt Kwouk.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2020, 19:33.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

watching MiB 3
          quote 'chocolate milk prevents temporal fractal? headaches'

Comment

Oh FFS!

I’m supposed to be heading south tomorrow as it’s my Mum’s birthday; she’s been vaguely unwell this past week, so we’re not going out, just gathering at home. So I went out to the car to make sure the tyre pressures, oil, and so on were OK and… it’s got a flat tyre

Nearside rear, and when I tried attaching the electric pump to it, it couldn’t get it above 14psi, and it went completely flat again in short order when the pump was turned off

There’s a spare, but I’m not trying to do anything right now as it’s pitch black out there, the area where I park being buried in the middle of the block surrounded by houses taller than the streetlights. Also, I’ve never changed a wheel, so it might be better to Green Flag it again; but I’m not going to ask them to try to do anything out there in the dark either.

So I either try to change the wheel myself in the morning, call Green Flag out to change it and hope they don’t leave me waiting for hours, or forget about it until Monday and get the train

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Talking of phone calls, I had a 70 minute one earlier. With the HRMC victim contemplating suicide. She has taken a turn for the worst. Getting worried about Jan 31st deadline.
              Hope they're ok. You're doing a fine thing

Comment

Met a friend for luncheon at Casa do Frango by Borough Market today.

I was almost late! After Ocado had delivered, I got into sorting out a photo album of selected highlights from the selected highlights of the wedding photos. I checked the time.when I finished, expecting it to be about 11 am. It was five to twelve! I was due to be at the aforementioned location at 1pm.

Well. I am a master at quickly getting ready and I was changed, hair brushed, war paint on and ready to leave in 10 minutes. I arrived 10 minutes early to the restaurant.

Luncheon was very nice and we went to Bedales wine bar afterwards followed by a further drink at The Fire Station by Waterloo.

All in all, lunch took about 6 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Met a friend for luncheon at Casa do Frango by Borough Market today.

I was almost late! After Ocado had delivered, I got into sorting out a photo album of selected highlights from the selected highlights of the wedding photos. I checked the time.when I finished, expecting it to be about 11 am. It was five to twelve! I was due to be at the aforementioned location at 1pm.

Well. I am a master at quickly getting ready and I was changed, hair brushed, war paint on and ready to leave in 10 minutes. I arrived 10 minutes early to the restaurant.

Luncheon was very nice and we went to Bedales wine bar afterwards followed by a further drink at The Fire Station by Waterloo.

all as it should be, then, to conform with your CUK monicker.

Comment

steak pie, chips and peas for dinner, again.
                    and more Rioja.
                    still watching MiB3
                    doesn't need a lot of concentration, does it?
                    bit like the B* thread

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      You should run for Parliament, or maybe get a seat on a board in the City, with skills like that

Comment

Working...
                      X