• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Is anyone sticking their head outside to look at the lunar eclipse?

Not sure how you see anything...
    Coming back up the M69 the full moon was on the horizon - looked awesome

I’ll pop out now and see if it’s got cloudy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Coming back up the M69 the full moon was on the horizon - looked awesome

I’ll pop out now and see if it’s got cloudy
      Went out and had a look (though it turns out I can see it from my living room) and although there’s a layer of high cloud of varying thickness, it was clearly visible just then… but it looked the same as normal really; not deep red or anything

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Is anyone sticking their head outside to look at the lunar eclipse?

Not sure how you see anything...
        As is usual around here it was clouded out after we had blue skies all day.

It happens every time there's sommat astronomical to look at.

Lunch today was poached tomato and scrambled egg (particularly nice this last) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (extra thick crusty goodness) rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea and a beetroot sarnie.

Tea was M&S chunky battered haddock followed by a sweet of orange segments with custard (last of the milk dated 03/01/20 ) and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The washing, mundane & otherwise was completed and some of it got to hang on the line for a while since I've found that doing the coloureds in the TD with the jeans slows things up mightily, so I do the socks & underpants first, then stick the jeans in separately.

The afternoon's Freecell score was 92% with the running average remaining firmly at 82%.

One is now debating what to watch this evening.

That tedious Calman women is wandering around the north of Scotland, maybe I'll watch a bit of that.

Otherwise there's only several thousand dvds to choose from.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Pan of scouse on for tea

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            One is now debating what to watch this evening.

That tedious Calman women is wandering around the north of Scotland, maybe I'll watch a bit of that.

Otherwise there's only several thousand dvds to choose from.
            The tedious Calman woman is slightly less tedious this week in the north.

I drove along some of those roads back in 1976.

It seems quite a long time ago now.

Having decided to watch The Pink Panther, I find that my box set of movies, supposedly six dvds worth, is missing "Revenge of the Pink Panther".

I paid £3 for that lot in 2015.

I wonder if I should complain.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

By the way, my downstairs neighbour is back from wherever Immigration Enforcement forcibly removed him to. I wondered if he was, as some stuff in his kitchen had moved around (the window is large and right by the back door, I don’t make a point of peering into other people’s flats) and I thought I heard somebody coming and going, but that might have been workmen sent by the landlord. But when I was going back and forth to the car this afternoon, I saw him in there

Comment

Pan of scouse on for tea
                First I read that as pan of scourer!

Comment

By the way, my downstairs neighbour is back from wherever Immigration Enforcement forcibly removed him to. I wondered if he was, as some stuff in his kitchen had moved around (the window is large and right by the back door, I don’t make a point of peering into other people’s flats) and I thought I heard somebody coming and going, but that might have been workmen sent by the landlord. But when I was going back and forth to the car this afternoon, I saw him in there
                  My name is Michael Pain and...

Comment

Watched a few things tonight. Some Sweeney. Doctor Who part 2. And the first episode of "White House Farm". Not much of an ending. So far Bamber looks totally innocent. Hopefully next episiode will get more interesting.

Comment

I see a bad moon, a rising...
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X