• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

script Cobol? - that i'd like to see

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      script Cobol? - that i'd like to see
      Seek and ye shall find: GitHub - ajlopez/CobolScript: COBOL language compiler to JavaScript, work in progress

Comment

whatever, i don't do applications.
        they just slow the 'plexes down.

Comment

Early showing tonight, in honour of Mr. Innes, for the story of the Prefab Four: The Rutles - All You Need Is Cash (TV Movie 1978)

I’ve had the DVD for ages, still wrapped until now. The last time I saw this in its entirety was possibly in the 1980s when it was repeated on TV, and I saw it when it was first on in 1978. But I saw a fair chunk of it when I went to the Fleece in Bristol to see the band back in 2013 and it was played before the gig.

Afterwards I found out from John/Barry, or possibly from Neil himself as John introduced us, that somebody had turned up to the gig with a copy of the DVD, the venue had big TVs and a DVD player, so they decided on the spur of the moment to show the film beforehand. Good job they weren’t playing on an oil rig or in a prison as they might have got into trouble for that

Anyway, it’s excellent stuff throughout, and Neil Innes’s pastiches of the Beatles’ various styles are brilliant

About time for tea now

Comment

Vegetable curry for dinner.

And first part of Christine Keeler watched.

Comment

Tea was ribs and chips, just for a change

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I’m planning to watch that, though possibly not tonight

Comment

Vegetable curry for dinner.

which particular part was that, exactly?

Comment

The birth was very difficult. My niece lost loads of blood. And had her bits stitched back together. But the baby is superb! I suspect my brother and his wife are going to be doing alot of work.

imagine - men thinking with their nether regions & women with their womb!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    which particular part was that, exactly?

the chair?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Onwards ever Bondwards tonight, with Piers Morgan Pierce Brosnan taking time off from holding Bob Hoskins at gunpoint in GoldenEye (1995). It was OK-ish; nothing special as these things go

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X