• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All

Just back in for a day then off until the 6th - decided it would be nice to take some time out from the family and drinking.

Happy Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      I'm liking your train of thought there, very sensible, - did you hit your head too?

I thought my posts could not get any more stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Oak Island nutjobs:

Sinkhole still sunk. H8 on hold. Swiss cheese underground.

Vibrohammer on the casing to see if it solidifies the ground a bit.

Well that's shaking stuff down a bit.

Onwards to Smith's Cove and more trench digging, looking for the box drain.

They just found a bucket. And no box drain.

Now a dye test. This time using red dye rather than fluorescein which is green.

Now they're off to see the results of the lidar and sonar scans from a couple of weeks ago.

Two possible vents in the seabed.

Some triangular shaped thing on the seabed pointing towards the money pit.

Now the H8 is stabilised they're doing the dye test on C1.

Hose gets twisted just to add to the "excitement". .

And here we go.

And "dye" appears in Smith's Cove.

Well there's a thing,

The fluorometer machine thing confirms the eyeball.

Another hour of my life saved. Less 1 minute to read the executive summary.

Comment

I am not going to be well enough to go to London this week. I will have to WFH Thursday and Friday. Very annoying as I expect many support issues Thursday. Its far easier to solve with 3 screens.

Comment

I am off to see "William Finlay". I will try to post a picture later. Where is the best site to share pictures?

Don't forget Monday links!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I am off to see "William Finlay". I will try to post a picture later. Where is the best site to share pictures?

Don't forget Monday links!
              Chuck it up on Imgur.

Comment

Morning!

Back to work today (I'm only having Wednesday off this week).

It's actually WFH, as it has been for most of this assignment. I'm back to feeling that undercurrent of dread as I realise once again that I don't really know what I'm doing for this client. I'm more of your backroom theoretical architect type.

Doing real world BAU stuff is really out of my comfort zone. I suspect that I'll get found out once everyone comes back from the holidays.

I'm too old for this tulip.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Morning!

Back to work today (I'm only having Wednesday off this week).

It's actually WFH, as it has been for most of this assignment. I'm back to feeling that undercurrent of dread as I realise once again that I don't really know what I'm doing for this client. I'm more of your backroom theoretical architect type.

Doing real world BAU stuff is really out of my comfort zone. I suspect that I'll get found out once everyone comes back from the holidays.

I'm too old for this tulip.
                  I don't believe that for a minute. Sounds like a nasty case of imposter syndrome.

I find I turn up to most gigs, even when returning to clients I know well, with that same feeling. I've come to use it as a bit of a sanity check in that if I don't feel "what the hell am I doing" every now and then, then I'm in danger of becoming blasé about the work and won't be doing my best. Doing a good job is what keeps 'em coming back

Comment

Morning all
                    The fog/low cloud is burning off here and the view out my office window is starting to look good
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

God I do hope so.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X