• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Currently dry despite the torrential downpours overnight.

Hints of blue sky peeping though the gap in the living room curtains.

Pinkish clouds.

Sunless.

Emerged from bed at the rather more reasonable time of 08:20 this morning.

Off to Swansea for coffee shortly.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

damp
      grey
      driech

meh

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all

Currently nursing three bleeding fingers as a result of being handed a guitar last night and asked to play it.

Do you do everything you are told? Ban sasguru!

Get well soon.

Comment

Signed into work computer. One email! Nothing to do with me. I am so bored. DrS is noting helping by saying "going out". I hope he knows how lucky he is.

Comment

Morning denizens

The weather seems to be in “pick any two of three” mode at the moment. Today: grey, damp from last night’s rain, but not particularly cold at 11°C (around 15° to 16° within)

Comment

Afternoon...

It's time for our Christmas Buffet and quiz...

along with it being Xmas jumper day.

I wonder if I can hide somewhere for the next 2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Currently dry despite the torrential downpours overnight.

Hints of blue sky peeping though the gap in the living room curtains.

Pinkish clouds.

Sunless.

Off to Swansea for coffee shortly.
                That didn't last long.

It was pissing down with some enthusiasm by the time I needed to walk back to the bus stop.

To add to the joy the pavement was being dug up just to make it even more unpleasant.

Now in with the hoi polloi checking stuff on email & the like.

Comment

It's been raining off and on today so far.

Work has been work-like. Not overly taxing but enough to warrant charging for it.

Lunch was some toasted sourdough with 1. Cheese, 2. Duck Pate, 3. Pork Rillets.

May make another coffee in a minute.

Was very pleased to see that BA have introduced a twice a week service from City to San Sebastian in July/August. Just waiting for HWMBO to confirm child care arrangements before I book us a little trip away in July while the flights are cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tea has been the remains of the roast pork from Sunday, apart from a few slices I kept for for lunch tomorrow, with chips and beans. Very nice
                    Lunch was indeed the final few slices of roast pork, in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce. Made a nice change

Still extremely grey here, but no rain yet. The weather radar is saying it’ll get here in an hour or so though, and plenty of it

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      It was pissing down with some enthusiasm by the time I needed to walk back to the bus stop.
                      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Still extremely grey here, but no rain yet. The weather radar is saying it’ll get here in an hour or so though, and plenty of it
                      Pissing down here still, possibly a bit more than it was.

Leather jacket now looking extremely damp.

I knew it was a mistake but the forecast did imply that the deluge was pencilled in for later than 11:45.

<lunch eaating hiatus>

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust).

Followed by a beetroot sarnie.

And 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

All very nice though it would have been good if I'd remembered to buy some more bread whilst I was in Morrisons earlier.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2019, 14:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X