• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk walked.

Duw it was chilly on the way up, but ok once I'd warmed through with the exercise.

Some lunatic lorry driver had taken a large truck up there, probably lost, and came back down in a little convoy once he'd managed to turn the fecking thing around, which, it must be said, was probably easier said than done.

All simpsonsesque out there now.

Lunch was poached tomato and proper leathery scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast.

With the requisite 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea, it was all very nice.

In other news, I now know what a nuthatch twittering sounds like, and there were a couple of optimists fishing in the res.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch, with wholemeal bread, no sauce. That bacon off the market, it was; nice stuff

Comment

It’s the time of the year when we get a flurry of Christmas cards intended for the people who live on the similarly-named road about two miles down the way - it has “South” appended to the name. I’m pretty sure the people who they’re addressed to moved a couple of years ago, but even if that’s so, there’s a vague chance the people who now live there will know where to forward them, so I try to get them down there.

I used to drop them off on the way to or from shopping as it’s a trivial detour, but sometimes I’d forget for a few weeks. So I now stick on a preprinted label, scrub out the orange barcodes with a Sharpie, and stick them in the pillar box round the corner.

Just sent six of them on their way, including what I think is the first one we’ve got for the new people down there - sent from Australia, no less.

Several of them will probably come through our door again in a day or two

Comment

Snowing in Covent garden

They’ve got a big machine

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just sent six of them on their way, including what I think is the first one we’ve got for the new people down there - sent from Australia, no less.

Several of them will probably come through our door again in a day or two
            I still get stuff for the woman I bought the house off 20 some years ago.

I even got a reminder for her mother who's been dead since 2003 and probably doesn't need her eyes testing any more.

The one that really bugs me is the card from a lady I used to work with in Bryn Mawr whose address I've lost and whose name has changed since she got married.

You'd think that she'd write the address on the back of the card, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The one that really bugs me is the card from a lady I used to work with in Bryn Mawr whose address I've lost and whose name has changed since she got married.

You'd think that she'd write the address on the back of the card, but no.
              According to Wikipedia the population there is 5,530, so probably about 1,500 to 2,000 residences. If you go round there knocking on every door it shouldn’t take more than a month or so to find her

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                According to Wikipedia the population there is 5,530, so probably about 1,500 to 2,000 residences. If you go round there knocking on every door it shouldn’t take more than a month or so to find her

Other than that she didn't live in Bryn Mawr any more.

When last heard of was in Ebbw Vale/Sirhowy.

Just got a card for my late parents.

You'd have thunk that the news might have spread as far as the Cimla by now.

Comment

Mrs BP has decided not to send Christmas cards this year. Anyone we care about will be contacted personally.

So all I have to do is to send PMs to the tpd regulars I like.....

Comment

Feck. NFU Mutual won't cover Strangelove Towers because it's "in a red zone for flood".

In the event that the red zone for flood actually happened we'd all be dead coz the reservoir dam has collapsed and a million tons of water has descended & washed us all away.

In other news, Regressive emailed me about an analogue electronics contract in Cheltenham (bet I know who that's with) at £50/hr.

However I'm not prepared to pay for hotels & suchlike out of taxed income so that's out.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 December 2019, 14:46.

Comment

Parcel and cards posted.

Cheese on toast for lunch.

Trying to book a hire car for 2-5 Jan when I go up to Weegieland with HWMBO. Feck me, I was glad to be sitting down when I saw Hertz wanted £1320 to hire a Qashqai. Found a Focus for £92 which will do well enough.

All planned laundry done. Need to empty the dishy that finished hours ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X