• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Nearly an hour since the last NF post.

How long shall I wait before calling Leicester Heart Unit?
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Hey it’s NickFitz - nearly gave me a heart attack when you didn’t post for a while
    If anything, I posted more frequently last time I was in hospital - there’s not much else to do there

Comment

Afternoon all - how's it going?

Grey and drizzly here on the sofa, "W"FH.

Comment

Gosh, it's been months since I've been in here.

After the last contract ended I couldn't find one over the summer. Currently in a permie job in the NHS - I'm in month 3 and hating it. Stuff all to do, no money to do anything and they've negotiated with an outside firm to work on any projects (and hand off any interesting BAU faults too).

Not sure what to do as the market seems absolutely dead right now.

All in all - it's grey and gloomy, and not just the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

Hi CB

Grey and drizzly here too

Comment

One of those evenings when the windows on the double-decker buses are steamed up because of the people on board being all soggy

Comment

Tea this evening is to be the remains of the chicken breasts with bacon from yesterday.

The Oak Island nutjobs found yet more wood, 4 or 5 feet of it in a borehole.

Then some chap turned up to see how vertical the boreholes were & it turns out not very, sort 4 or 5 feet sideways which makes figuring out wtf is going on down there a bit difficult.

Then the borehole survey chap found a stone they've all been walking by for years which, from the look of it, has runes carved in it.

Then in the cove they've found yet more wood, some in the u shaped thing (logs) and some as wooden walls.

None of it makes sense.

The spoil from the cove gets washed in the washer they bought and tarah! they found a coin in one of the sorted heaps.

A 1963 dime.

They found some coconut fibre that may be associated with the french drains that fill the hole with seawater.

They potched off to Apple Island and found some metal signs that they're not allowed to dig.

Probly more dimes.

So all good clean fun.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Well, the day ended slightly better than it had been, with an interview request for a (permie, non-NHS) role managing the Infrastructure and Applications teams for a local educational establishment. OK, it's not stellar money (certainly not by contractor standards) but one of their main sites is a whole 10 mins walk from me, and another is about 15 mins walk and tram.

TBH I'd forgotten I'd even applied - it was back at the start of October...

Comment

Well, the day ended slightly better than it had been, with an interview request for a (permie, non-NHS) role managing the Infrastructure and Applications teams for a local educational establishment. OK, it's not stellar money (certainly not by contractor standards) but one of their main sites is a whole 10 mins walk from me, and another is about 15 mins walk and tram.

TBH I'd forgotten I'd even applied - it was back at the start of October...

Comment

One thing about wet weather is that it makes the other side of the road very bright around this time in the evening: the pavement over there is very wide, and when it’s wet it has the lights of the East European convenience store, the Polish café, the picture framer (if he’s working late), the kebab shop, and the carpet shop all reflecting off it

Comment

move the sofa indoors? might help

Comment

Working...
                      X