• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Morning all

Sunny.

Dry.

No current precipitation.

Simpsonsesque sky.

No good shall come of this.
      Other than a nice walk in the sunshine up to the viewlesspoint and back.

During which the amount of water descending was admired, especially since there's a lot less than there was yesterday.

Even met someone who used to walk up there 20 or more years ago & who I haven't seen since.

We discussed all those who have fallen by the wayside over the intervening period, of which there are many.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Watching this at the moment:

BBC iPlayer - Panorama - Secrets of the Seduction Bootcamp

Oh crikey it's making me mad. If one of those guys ever dares to approach me, they'll get a kick in the nuts.
        I must see if I can persuade NAT to try that on you at the Manchester social.....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I recorded the Oak Island nutjobs so I can fast forward through it ignoring the vast amount of dross.
          Please report back. To save me downloading and fast forwarding.....

Comment

Lunch was roast beef followed by a rice pudding.

This last being cooked in the oven alongside the roasting beef.

It was much betterer than the microwave version and included some nice tasty skin on the top.

The beef was nice enough.

Followed as ever by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, the sun is still shining, but not quite so brightly, Roy, though the apple tree is standing out well in the sunshine against the black clouds across the valley boyo.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite sunny and Simpsonesque out there today

Comment

Autumnal Sunday special: a nice pot of tea, and hot buttered crumpets

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Autumnal Sunday special: a nice pot of tea, and hot buttered crumpets
                  Conclusion: tea and hot buttered crumpets are a winning combination, and I should have them more often

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Conclusion: tea and hot buttered crumpets are a winning combination, and I should have them more often
                    crumpets now added to my delivery tomorrow.
                    and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!

mind you, warburtons, 9 for a quid isn't too shabby

Comment

'tis pissing down again now.

Tea was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons multiseed toast.

Nice enough.

Followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea to keep me hydrated.

Re the Oak Island nutjobs, the first of last week's eps revealed that one brooch had a semiprecious garnet as a jewel whereas the other was very old red glass.

One brooch had characteristics that implied that it might be 14th C (prior to 1340ish) while the other one was gold plated.

This is, apparently, the first find of gold on Oak Island.

The next ep relates to the results of the seismic testing which gives the usual run of pretty coloured pictures and such like.

It's much better to watch a recording since the endless adverts can be skipped.

In the 2nd ep they find a square section spike, probably 17C or 18C, and a large iron hook (inderminate date), followed by Yet Another Hole Drilled, this time with a "sonic" drill which brings up wood from 100' down, possibly collapsed tunnel, after which there's much excitement about finding a ?crossbow? bolt which is "really old" and in this week's ep is found to be "roman".

I was almost falling asleep during the mid part of this so they might have found stuff while I was dozing.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 November 2019, 18:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X