• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-shopping repast of spag bol, and exceedingly nice it was

That makes a little more room in the freezer, which will be needed as it’s rather full now. In particular, I remembered to get some M&S chunky haddock in batter

Comment

now we have a mention of 'the dancing wu li masters'

this is great, so it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I remembered to get some M&S chunky haddock in batter

There we go: BTVS: The Wish, Amends, & Gingerbread.

I think "The Wish" is one of my favourites.

Very surreal, along with Doppelgangland.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2019, 21:22.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I might even eat them on Friday, or perhaps Tuesday

Just realised I’d left the bed to air this afternoon and hadn’t got around to putting the clean bedding on it. Sorted; I’m glad I realised now and not later

Comment

I might even eat them on Friday, or perhaps Tuesday

Just realised I’d left the bed to air this afternoon and hadn’t got around to putting the clean bedding on it. Sorted; I’m glad I realised now and not later
            As it transpires, tomorrow's fish is M&S battered chunky haddock. (presumably because the breaded version was unavailable when I bought it).

It is a little disturbing when one is finally sleepy enough to go to bed to find said bed in complete disarray, and the process of arraying it then wakes one up again.

Always irritating.

In other news it's pissing down.

Stone me, according to our Derek, the weatherman, we can expect up to 5" of rain tomorrow.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2019, 21:34.

Comment

Tonight’s viewing started whilst I dined with the third of the BBC programmes about crimes which led to major changes in the law or what-have-you, this one being about the police’s practice of fitting people up which ultimately led to PACE 1984, and then further changes in the whole approach to interrogation of suspects. Interesting enough that I watched the rest of it after I’d finished my tea

And then part one of Das Boot; no IMDb link as they don’t seem to have any entries for the six-part series - just the film, and a three-part series. Very odd

Anyway, this is the six-parter in HD, on a Blu-ray imported from Germany. They were kind enough to include a dubbed English soundtrack, but naturally I eschewed this in favour of the original German with English subtitles

Goodnight all

Comment

And then part one of Das Boot; no IMDb link as they don’t seem to have any entries for the six-part series - just the film, and a three-part series. Very odd

Anyway, this is the six-parter in HD, on a Blu-ray imported from Germany. They were kind enough to include a dubbed English soundtrack, but naturally I eschewed this in favour of the original German with English subtitles
                Al ist klar, verdammt!

I have two versions of this, one is, I think, the film, the other is longer.

Morning all if all there be

Dark, dank, dreary, dreadful, very wet, warmer in here at 15.8 deg.

Friday.

Oh, and that tapping noise in the bedroom is back.

I think the house is falling down.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, and starting to get rainy - the leading edge of the huge splodge on the rainfall radar is just about to arrive

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, and starting to get rainy - the leading edge of the huge splodge on the rainfall radar is just about to arrive
                    It's splodging here and no mistake.

In with the hoi polloi, attempting to remember, with little success, exactly what I might require from Morrisons.

Next door's little black cat was ever so pleased to see me this morning.

Probably because it's half starved.

The big black cat who wishes to be Strangelove Mog was very vocal this morning, complaining of the rain, and that he WANTED FOOD NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Al ist klar, verdammt!

I have two versions of this, one is, I think, the film, the other is longer.
                      There seem to be a lot of versions: Das Boot - Different versions and home video - Wikipedia

And there’s a new one, intended as a sequel and based on a second book by the author of the original book (which was based on his own experiences): Das Boot (TV series) - Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                      X