• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    your cat liked it??
    I don't think her cat liked it but apparently she did.

I prefer Glengettie.

But needs must when the devil drives.

Attempting to figure out why one of my temperature/humidity things doesn't work any more.

It's chip on pcb* so I don't think I'll have much joy.

*i.e. the chip is mounted directly on the pcb and covered with a block of epoxy after the lead attach has been done. It's cheap & nasty.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 September 2019, 14:58.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Light lunch of some cocktail sausages

And as the rain seems to be holding off, I might as well get the shopping done
      And done

Managed to avoid getting drizzled on

Quite an extensive shop, too; I ended up bringing it upstairs in two goes, which is something I very rarely do. I suspect the tins of soup tipped the balance, as I found it's cheaper to get them in sets of four, so there's now quite a lot of soup in the cupboard.

Comment

Most importantly, I got the latest issue of Viz

Comment

Escaped the office at 1530 having strolled in at 0900. Brain well and truly fried so I feel I am doing the client a favour by not attempting to do any more work.

I think there had been some rain but now the firey ball has made an appearance and I'm glad I still have my sunnies in my handbag.

The good thing about an early escape is that it's off peak fare on the tube. Heathrow to Earls Court for £1.50. Bargain!

Comment

I too, have performed laundry duties this morning.

lunch has been a scotch egg <why so called i don't know, since i'd never seen one before moving to london in the '70's >

and a slice of walnut coffee cake.

and 0.8 litres of earl grey tea.
            Fortnum and Mason lay claim to inventing the Scotch egg. Can't remember why it was named thus.

Comment

And done

Managed to avoid getting drizzled on

Quite an extensive shop, too; I ended up bringing it upstairs in two goes, which is something I very rarely do. I suspect the tins of soup tipped the balance, as I found it's cheaper to get them in sets of four, so there's now quite a lot of soup in the cupboard.
              you've got half a freezer full of soup, too.
              do you know something you're not sharing?
              <foil hat on>

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Fortnum and Mason lay claim to inventing the Scotch egg. Can't remember why it was named thus.
              i didn't detect any trace of scotch in it, certainly.

Comment

you've got half a freezer full of soup, too.
                do you know something you're not sharing?
                <foil hat on>
                I know; I'm very well provided for in the soup department now. So much so that I'm not going to make soup with the remains of the chicken I bought today once I roast it. I'll make stock instead.

Comment

No trundling tonight as all the recycling bins have been out there waiting since the missed collection last week, now accompanied by a shedload of general waste bins from a few houses further up whose residents seem to have been let down by whoever normally puts them out and which are now full to overflowing
                  The recycling bins were emptied, so we now have one in the yard again

But the general waste ones weren't, leaving a number of houses further up in the lurch

There've been some workmen working on one of the houses up there this week. I think whoever hired them must have told them to make sure the main gate was kept locked, and they've been very diligent about it - it's almost never been left open during the day when I've been out the back this week.

But the hirer should have added "except on Friday" and clearly didn't, so the bin folk weren't able to get in; and as these bins weren't emptied last week either, the situation is getting rather out of hand

Comment

The recycling bins were emptied, so we now have one in the yard again

But the general waste ones weren't, leaving a number of houses further up in the lurch

There've been some workmen working on one of the houses up there this week. I think whoever hired them must have told them to make sure the main gate was kept locked, and they've been very diligent about it - it's almost never been left open during the day when I've been out the back this week.

But the hirer should have added "except on Friday" and clearly didn't, so the bin folk weren't able to get in; and as these bins weren't emptied last week either, the situation is getting rather out of hand
                    i'll bet the foxes like it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      The branch in the city was giving them away a little while back, and very nice they were too, unlike any other scotch egg I have ever eaten
                      Last edited by Anonimouse; 27 September 2019, 19:59.

Comment

Working...
                      X