• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's big feature was BlacKkKlansman (2018), based on the true story (usual caveats apply) of black rookie cop Ron Stallworth, who in the early 1970s started (pretty much by accident) and led an operation to infiltrate the KKK in Colorado Springs. Interesting story, with some pretty funny moments too. Worth a watch
    Saw it last night. Quite disturbing - but very rewarding watch too in a weird way!

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Links are up

Trip down the dump completed.

10 bags of garden waste, two of plastic, a few jars & bottles.

A bit half hearted really.

Thought I'd pop down before the deluge begins again.

There is, of course, piles of unbagged stuff that needs to go down there later once it's bagged.

Lunch has consisted purely of health food, being Ginsters' Cornish Pasty (small x 2, Morrisons, reduced BBE 20/9) and a Scotch egg (Morrisons, reduced, BBE 20/9).

All rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          It's in the pile (or one of the piles somewhere, I think it's towards the top of the stairs close to the landing.

I've never watched it either.

Oh good, I was afraid it had that fat obnoxious twat Corden in it but it doesn't.

I might be able to watch it in which case.

I see that Corden was in Pierrepoint the last hangman.

I do so trust that he got hanged.

Sadly not, it would appear he was the assistant.

Morning all

Undry but no current precipitation.

Deluginous overnight.

Grey.

Sunless.

And worst of all, it's fecking Monday again.

Thankfully no telex machines are present, though that documentary on 4 was enough to induce the same ambition.

I look forward to The Peoples' Court trying these perfidious traitors and their heads ending up on spikes over Traitors' Gate.

Nice pali!

Comment

Nice pali!
            Oh.

Thanks.

In other news, it's raining, so just as well I went down the dump earlier.

"They" were digging up the road outside a bit earlier.

Dunno why.

In other other news, it would appear that an Esteemed Customer from 2005/6/7 has returned, having obtained an HND elsewhere, in an attempt to top it up to a degree.

Nice enough chap IIRC.

Apparently he was surprised to find we'd all retired in the intervening 12 years or so.

Comment

Fish finger bap (wholemeal, red sauce) for lunch

Comment

Was slightly alarmed just now when someone put a ladder up next to my back bedroom window.

Turned out to be an "aerial erector" doing the usual slapdash job of screwing the poxy stamped tin fixing to the soffit with woodscrews which will last at least a year before it falls off.

In doing so, he has trespassed on my property without so much as a by your leave.

But there you go.

He got a lot wetter out there than I did playing Freecell.

Comment

The rain has arrived. Not particularly heavy, but it'll go on for quite some time if the radar is to be believed

And the bed has been changed. On to the 9 tog duvet now autumn is here. This probably means an Indian summer starting tomorrow with temperatures in the mid-30s for several weeks, or until I change back to the 4.5 tog one

Comment

Tea this evening was more of the roast beef from yesterday.

It was nice enough.

Followed as is only right & proper by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Dunno what to watch this evening, I'm sure there's something of innerest in one or other of the piles.

"Corrina Corrina (1994)" appears to have won with that Whoopi Goldberg and Ray Liotta.

I assume it to be some sort of wise guys with a twist.

Corrina, Corrina (1994) - IMDb
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 September 2019, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Tea this evening was more of the roast beef from yesterday.

It was nice enough.

Followed as is only right & proper by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Dunno what to watch this evening, I'm sure there's something of innerest in one or other of the piles.

"Corrina Corrina (1994)" appears to have won with that Whoopi Goldberg and Ray Liotta.

I assume it to be some sort of wise guys with a twist.

Corrina, Corrina (1994) - IMDb
                      was there an Essex version of that?

Cortina cortina ??

steak, chips and peas for dinner.

with manly HP and english mustard.

<smugly satiated in sarf herts>

Comment

Working...
                      X