• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

CBS again

Comment

Morning denizens

Had a nice lie-in today, after which (though of course not necessarily because of which) I'm feeling a bit more de-lurgified than yesterday. Sunny out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Morning denizens

Had a nice lie-in today, after which (though of course not necessarily because of which) I'm feeling a bit more de-lurgified than yesterday. Sunny out
        Glad you're feeling better!

Comment

Back home really quickly due to avoiding the Neath Fair as much as humanly possible.

It's quite striking how the number of stalls has decreased over the years.

We must be getting poorer down here making it uneconomic to spend 4 days gulling us with chinese manufactured crap.

Lunch was a Ginsters chicken & mushroom slice, with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

Followed as is my custom by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Glad you're feeling better!
            Cheers!

Not sure I'm totally done with it, but vastly better than I was on Thursday

Comment

Just had a bowl of yesterday’s soup, with a thick crust of wholemeal bread. Very tasty

The remaining five portions are now in the freezer, and should see me through for a bit.

Clouded over slightly out, in a patchy kind of way, but it’s still warm enough at 20°C out, and 22.3° in here

Comment

There's 2 lawns mown, both mine.

And a bit of forking over where the new lawn extension will eventually be.

Totally fecked now.

Even after a cold shower, I'm still sweating a bit sitting here in my underpants.

Was entertained by chants of "Neaf Neaf Neaf" from the Rugby Ground up the road.

It's some years since I heard that last.

Back in The Glory Days it would have been a roar.

One of those nice Asian gentlemen telling me my interweb was going off must have been telling the truth since it was off when I turned this box on at 16:00.

Only took 15 minutes to get the fecker back on line by switching stuff off and back on again.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  One of those nice Asian gentlemen telling me my interweb was going off must have been telling the truth since it was off when I turned this box on at 16:00.

Only took 15 minutes to get the fecker back on line by switching stuff off and back on again.
                  Mine was playing up a bit yesterday, but seems to have settled down now.

Comment

The hardware store over the road has been closed for a couple of weeks. When I popped over to Sainsbury’s Local yesterday I had a look at the notice taped to the shutters, which said that he’d be closed from some date or other until the 14th.

However, there was no indication of whether this range was inclusive or exclusive of its end point

He’s still closed today, so I assume inclusive.

Comment

It may be of passing interest to some that "A Town Like Alice (1956)" is on BBC2 this evening at 01:05.

A Town Like Alice (1956) - IMDb

Comment

Working...
                      X