• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Steak pie <pukka> chips <auntie> and beans <that '60's singer> for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

World War Weird is on at 20:00 for our next list of inspired lunacy.

Sadly there will be no mention of chicken heated nuclear bombs in this one.
      So far it's Goering's giant animals, next up is the V3.

Followed by Soviet flying tanks.

And mind reading supersoldiers.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 September 2019, 19:45.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        not quite.

funny though

Comment

Long day at the office but got my time sheets signed and a concerned client was asking if I was aware of an issue with the invoice payment. I am blissfully ignorant and will remain so until the chap I work via calls me to say he's pulling me off site for non-payment. My invoices are all paid on time, he's good like that.

CBA to cook (much like most days, TBH) so I dug out the remains of the bacon from the fridge and made a sarnie. No sauce, just cold salted butter.

Having only been home for an hour, I'm not of a mind to do anything useful with my evening. I suspect I will get an early night.

Off to meet with a Deicing Service Provider tomorrow morning, so I need to be with it bright and early. Working on winter ops planning has always been a favourite of mine.

Comment

The things I end up doing: The Banks of the Bièvre near Bicêtre - Henri Rousseau, c. 1909

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              That's, erm... lovely in a repetitive kinda way

Comment

Tea was M&S battered haddock.

It was nice enough.

Folllowed by the very last of the stewed blackberries with some of today's freshly bought Bird's Custard.

Followed in turn by 1.05 pints of strangely meh Glengettie Tea.

Now watching "1408 (2007)" with John Cusak and Samuel L. Jackson.

1408 (2007) - IMDb

Spooky.

Now watching the Bad Skin Clinic on Quest Red.

First lady had neurofibromatosis.

Now a chap with a lipoma on his back.

And next we have a gentleman having his nose reduced.

And a lady with a ganglion on her wrist.

GA for dealing with that, the other option is having the entire arm numbed.

The results of some of this stuff is remarkable.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 September 2019, 21:46.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  That's, erm... lovely in a repetitive kinda way
                  Yeah, specifying the layer bounds would stop it repeating when zoomed out, but that’s where I have to work out how to map the image, which is around 3100x3700 pixels, to the projection used internally, which is intended for the world so about 20,000,000-odd meters. Once that’s working, there’ll just be the one copy of the image to zoom in on. But that can go on the back burner for now while I work out how to implement it (if it’s possible at all) in half-a-dozen other mapping APIs

Comment

Tea has been chicken casserole out of the freezer, with chips and peas. Very tasty

Comment

On the box tonight: the rest of the war/drugs thing whilst eating, and another episode of SWAT. And in between those, I started reading Nevil Shute's Requiem for a Wren, one of his that I've never read before. Off to a good start

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X