• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Showoff.

Did you make the pastry or buy it?

I bought some frozen in a vain attempt to use up some of Strangelove Mater's vast stores of mincemeat.

I made some fairly mediocre mince pies and then gave it up as a bad job.
    Buy it - I might learn how to make it one day, but I’m in no rush as the bought stuff is fine for my purposes

Just tried a slice of the tart (or flan? not sure what the distinction is) with some vanilla ice cream, and it was very nice indeed

Comment

A further episode of SWAT tonight, concerning some of those sovereign citizen nutjobs. Over here they just get themselves in trouble for not paying their parking tickets and what-have-you, but they really seem to go large over there where they can get guns and stuff

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Depressing.

Ah, the weather's back to normal again.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Good morning fine people.

WFH today and tomorrow.

Raining this morning. Not too heavily but a nice respite from Monday/Tuesday.

Need to summon the wherewithall to get some work done.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite sunny out

This is contrary to what we were promised; we had showers overnight and should have had a grey start leading to more rain, but somehow this sunny spell got slotted in at the last minute, and now we don't get our well-earned rain until this afternoon and evening

Not too hot though: 17°C out there, 27° in here. It's expected to get to 21° outside, but no worse

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Right!

i'm off.

and............
              back again.
              to a locked up house.
              32 degrees.
              geez.

better this morning, 24 now, laundry on, fish fed breakfast consumed.

normal service has resumed.

a bit jacob's though, it was bloody HOT over there.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                and............
                back again.
                to a locked up house.
                32 degrees.
                geez.

better this morning, 24 now, laundry on, fish fed breakfast consumed.

normal service has resumed.

a bit jacob's though, it was bloody HOT over there.

Welcome back

I trust the polders were welcoming?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Welcome back

I trust the polders were welcoming?
                  ta muchly.

the gigs were rammed!

Sunday was very hot though, 27 C and no real wind.

great fun, still.

Comment

Ouch! Achy arms!

The Amazon Treasure Truck had the Kenwood KMix on special so I ordered first thing to pick up from Paddington station. HWMBO asks if I am taking a taxi home or bringing some means of wheeling it along. I brush this off as nonsense, it's 5 stops on the tube and a short walk either side, no problem!

It's 13.13kg don't you know. I didn't.

Got up and down the lovely mobility friendly stairs at Paddington ok.

Bit of a wait for the tube gave my arms time to recover.

Got it out of Earls Court Station fine.

Then the feebleness kicks in. I had to set myself little targets to reach while walking up Earls Court Road. Swearing at idiot pedestrians helps.

A short walk that takes me 5 minutes, that I do every day, took about 20!

My left arm was giving out when my right was still going strong.

But I do now have a very nice stand mixer for cake making.

Comment

Sausages in soft white rolls for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X