• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to Halfords to buy £5 petrol can: done.

Trip to Morrisons to fill up with petrol: done.

Stone me, gas has gone up a bit since I fill it up last time.

£61 to fill a little car.

I wonder how much it'd be for the much lamented Fiat Croma with its voluminous petrol tank.

£83.

When I worked in Mitcheldean it was two of those a week.

In other other news, the Lidl(tm) thermometer has just rolled over from 21.9 to 22 deg in here.

It's quite pleasant out if you stay out of the sun.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2019, 11:50. Reason: thermoment what's one of those then?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Links are up
        Lawn mowings are in the compost heap along with today's windfalls.

The brave little soldier next door managed to mow his two lawns with the petrol I gave him for an Xmas present this morning.

I am now totally & utterly fecked since I'd left the lawns get far too long.

The front two are ok because the grass I seeded them with doesn't grow much, but the back lawn is a nightmare, particularly under the pear tree where it's protected from the sun and quite damp.

Was so hot when I came in that I had to have a long cold shower to stop myself dying of heat exhaustion.

The shower wasn't really cold enough.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2019, 11:48.

Comment

Chicken soup (Heinz, not homemade) with white and wholemeal bread for lunch

A bit warm for soup (27.6°C in here, getting on for 29° outside) but it was very tasty

Comment

Today's first feature in the unbearable heat is "High Plains Drifter (1973)" with that Clinton Eastwood chap.

This one's an oater but it's not much like "Shane" all in all.

High Plains Drifter (1973) - IMDb

Must be 45 years since I watched it in the kinema.

It seems to have held up rather better than "Kelly's Heroes".

Time seems to have flown though I'm not convinced I enjoyed all that much of it, looking back.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Today's first feature in the unbearable heat is "High Plains Drifter (1973)" with that Clinton Eastwood chap.

This one's an oater but it's not much like "Shane" all in all.

High Plains Drifter (1973) - IMDb

Must be 45 years since I watched it in the kinema.

It seems to have held up rather better than "Kelly's Heroes".

Time seems to have flown though I'm not convinced I enjoyed all that much of it, looking back.
              I quite like that one

Comment

Emergency snack of strawberries out of the freezer (allowed to thaw so they were soft but still chilled) and Green & Black's vanilla ice cream. Very nice, and cooling too

Comment

Tea this evening was more of yesterday's "roast" lamb.

It was nearly as unpleasant as yesterday**.

No stewed blackberries and no custard.

Now to conclude the watching of "High Plains Drifter (1973)"*.

Dear Deity, I really am an old fart.

Trying to decide between "Space Cowboys" and "Pale Rider" for the 2nd feature.

I think the former is a better fit, the latter being rather too much like "HPD" and "Shane" for one day's viewing.

* the receipt for "HPD" fluttered to the floor as I extracted it from the stack. It was purchased on 23/08/2008 from somewhere called "Woolworths" for the outrageous sum of £3.

** next door's cat got the bits I didn't fancy, so if it dies, you'll know why.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I quite like that one
                    Century

Comment

Toasted (fried in butter) cheese sandwich for dinner as I was too lazy to fix anything more substantial.

Got home from work shortly after 4pm, was so glad my flat stays nice and cool in this weather.

Watching a BBC Natural World programme on Hippos in Botswana.

Comment

Working...
                      X