• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They didn't say not to eat sausages on a frequent basis, which I'm taking as an endorsement
    I bet they didn't say to eat cyanide on a frequent basis either.....

Comment

Back in tpd real time.

Overcast in the smoke.

I think I will get cooking shortly.....

Comment

A while back my Dad found his older brother's diaries from 1944 and 1947, and he's transcribed them into a Word document and sent them out to us all.
        Crikey!
        October 3
        Mr McKay shocked us all by his (enforced) resignation. It had come to the attention of the church authorities that he was susceptible to the weaknesses that scoutmasters and/or choirmasters are sometimes subject to. This was unknown to the majority of us scouts although presumably there were one or two who had been personally involved, and been the source of the complaint. He vanished from the local scene, only to reappear a couple of years later in the news columns of the paper. He had got involved with a scout troop elsewhere in Liverpool, and this time was sent to prison for similar offences. At the same time, there is no doubt he was an excellent organiser, and the scout troop he founded survived his scout mastership by many years. Interestingly enough, his name reappeared in the Daily Telegraph in 1998, in a more respectable context. He claimed that, in the 1940's, the present Pope was a member of a Polish Scout troop when he visited this country, and he stayed with the McKay family. Certainly I can recall in the 1940's Mr McKay bringing some Polish scouts along to our meeting, so possibly the future Pope attended our troop meeting.

(That's my Dad's explanation of the entry in the diary; Uncle Frank wasn't able to see the future…)

Comment

Thunderstorm!

Comment

Thunderstorm!
            Lucky barsteward!

Comment

WTFH will need several thunderstorms to clear his local roads of gel wrappers.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                WTFH will need several thunderstorms to clear his local roads of gel wrappers.....
                serves him right, posh git

Comment

As expected, its all kicking off now. My brother(not the one cycling for samaritans today, the one who died https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2635926 ) has his inquest Tuesday. I will not attend - partly as I hate courts and mostly as I hate my sister.

My step-sister will give me feedback afterwards.

My brother's long term(2 years for him is long term) has just pinged me to find out if I will be going. His death hit her really badly.

I just want to draw a line under this whole mess. Hard while his estate is still being wound up.

Good life is tough. And the big issue with life is there seems to be no way of getting out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    serves him right, posh git
                    posh=can afford diesel generator......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Not the sort of medicinal sausage I recommend for mrs-bp.
                      And for the next Mrs. BP....?

Comment

Working...
                      X