• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Are you planning on moving a laydee in and that's why you need a less man-cave feel about the place? I am sure the trigger for your endeavours is documented here somewhere, sorry for being too lazy to find it.

Er, no.

Just fed up with it the way it is.

I realised I'd sold the wrong house, should have kept the parents' house and sold this one.

No laydees have applied for the position, vacant though it might be.

23.4 in here now.

Trip down the dump getting rid of the New Scientist & Scientific American mags, many of which also concealed a bongo bongo mag carefully positioned therein.

As long as you drop them in the skip vertically, then the contents remain concealed.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    I like those.
    the pies, not blue plaques.

Yes, the plaques are a bit too chewy really.

As I was driving back from the dump, I noticed that the clouds up the valley are looking very much like the last trump is about to sound.

I wonder if we're due a storm.

In other news, the water hammer prevention thing seems to have stopped working.

I'll have to get another one.
    <hiatus>

It's rained.

A little.

23.7 in here now.

Tea/dinner shall be M&S chunky battered haddock.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2019, 16:31.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was a chicken bap (wholemeal) using some of the shredded breast meat from the roast chicken, and a bag of plain crisps

Looks like tonight's going to be chicken casserole, as I want to use up the chicken carcase making stock and have some chicken thighs for which there is no room in the freezer.

Comment

Busy out - apparently the football company have a footballing thing tonight.

Comment

Lovely evening here.

Just making prepartations for walk up Snowden tomorrow. 5am alarm set...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Lovely evening here.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Lovely evening here.

ye kin be up tae nae good, getting up at That time in the morning.

they'l hiv their eyes on ye.

you mark my words.

and prepartations?
              is that a welsh word?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Don't fall off
                FTFY.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                and prepartations?
                is that a welsh word?

Dim, nage, not nearly enough ll or y or w in it.

Tea/dinner as predicted was M&S chunky battered haddock.

It was nice enough.

Followed by stewed blackberries and custard.

Which was very nice.

The televisual entertainment began with that nice Larry Olivier telling us about the siege of Stalingrad.

Having read stuff from both sides it really brings home to you how lucky we were to have the Nazis commanded by a complete fecking lunatic.

This was followed by the Abandoned Engineering ep about the Italian dam and the bit of the Mulberry harbour they couldn't unstick from this side of the channel.

Now watching the thing about the sheer genius of Operation Market Garden, this bit being about the Battle for the Scheldt.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2019, 19:06.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  FTFY.

Dim, nage, not nearly enough ll or y or w in it.

Now watching the thing about the sheer genius of Operation Market Garden, this bit being about the Battle for the Scheldt.
                  aye, ah didnae claim to speak the holy tongue of the Old Ones.

Operation market garden is a bit like a family story.

Comment

It's been quite a pleasant evening here, or at least it was on the odd occasions I paid any attention to it

Comment

Pleasant enough, just had a cold shower, not that it's cold at this time of year, now February, that's a bit chilly.

Now watching NCIS S3 E4 wherein they find a dead marine in a civil war iron coffin, which appears not to have spikes on the inside.

The toothsome Ziva is making her presence felt.

It just wasn't the same after S11 E2.

I wish that fecking cat outside would shut up.

Now down to 22.2 in here.

Cooled down nicely since I opened the downstairs windows.

Contractors’ Questions: Is inside IR35, agency PAYE or umbrella PAYE best from April 2020?

The benefit of agency payroll is that it comes at no cost to you.
                      Well that brings back some ancient memories from 1997.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2019, 20:39.

Comment

Working...
                      X