• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    dinner has been breaded haddock with chips and peas, courtesy of the good captain and his aunt.

i, too, am hacked off with the BBC's constant prioritisation of fecking sport and soaps over all else.
    What got me was it was 17 minutes into a programme.

No apology, no nothing, just <click> and lo! tennis.

Feckwhits.

Complaint lodged not that anything will come of it.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2019, 20:09.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely tea tonight: pork chops, chips, peas, and gravy

And there's a nice not-yet-full moon outside. Turns out I get a better view of it since moving my armchair nearer the window and at a different angle

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I have a carpet cleaner.

I had a brainwave: put carpet cleaner thing back in the cardboard box it came in and thusly save a little space.

Naturally enough I can't work out how the feck it fits in the cardboard box, though I just had a glimmer of an idea on that.
        The glimmer was more or less correct.

Carpet cleaner dismantled & returned to cardboard box.

However, there are two items of expandec polystyrene that I am unable to figure out where they fit.

So I've left them out.

Much more space in the cupboard now.

<sense of satisfaction at a job potched up in the usual way>

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And there's a nice not-yet-full moon outside. Turns out I get a better view of it since moving my armchair nearer the window and at a different angle
        According to the Lid(tm) clock, it's not full for a couple of days.

I shall howl in eager anticipation.

This evening's televisual irritation has removed any enjoyment, so the fecking thing can stay turned off until tomorrow.

There was a mildly interesting prog on Blaze about Area 51 but it rapidly became insane so that got turned off too.

I suppose I could watch a John Wayne movie, that might calm me down a bit & reduce the urge to kill BBC programme planners just a tad.

I see that there's Yet Another F&F epic due to be released in August with our Jason & The Rock.

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019) - IMDb
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2019, 20:51.

Comment

Evening all

Just had a very nice bath, and now settling down on the sofa with cheese.

This evening was an enjoyable Sunday tea chez CovParents, with CovKids x2, CovBro and CovS-i-L plus CovNephew who is only six months younger than CovKid II.

I'm staying out of General* until the fecking boring latest Gricer sockie is gone.

*or for that matter, Business/Contracts.

Comment

For some peculiar reason he has the impression that I'm some chap called Zeity.

Most odd.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              For some peculiar reason he has the impression that I'm some chap called Zeity.

Most odd.
              That's just bizarre. I'm not sure how any sane person could make that mistake - after all, didn't that zeity chap flounce off never to be seen again?

Comment

I don't feel like watching telly at all tonight

Instead, having finished 1662 the other day, I'm going to start on Sam Pepys' diary for 1663

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Instead, having finished 1662 the other day, I'm going to start on Sam Pepys' diary for 1663
                    January 6 1663: "Somewhat vexed at my wife’s neglect in leaving of her scarf, waistcoat, and night-dressings in the coach today that brought us from Westminster, though, I confess, she did give them to me to look after…"

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all, if all there be at this ungodly hour.

Dry

Grey.

Novembery.

but not

And that's the Totally Useless Jobs account deleted.

Should cut down the spam no end.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 July 2019, 04:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X