• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Home again home again jiggety jig.

The cottons are ongoing, the shirts are in the TD, the denim/darks are in the WM.

The excitement of my life knows very few bounds.

The phone ain't ringing off the hook still.

I think I may apply to B&Q next.

What have I learned this morning?

The Ampex manual for the VR1000B VTR is online in its multipage magnificence.

I don't think I'll try to build one though.

The cost of the valves alone would be in the £10k range.
    can you build an interrossiter for me?
    i can pay cash.
    used low denomination notes.

Comment

It started raining while I was on my way to the shops, continued all the while I was out, and has stopped now I'm home. It's made it very close around here, even though the temperature is marginally down on yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        can you build an interrossiter for me?
        i can pay cash.
        used low denomination notes.
        Sorry I'm currently working on a tnuctipun total conversion device.

After which it'll be the mind control amplifier.

In other news, lunch was scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast (which was a bit old & a tiny bit blue in places).

It was very nice, though I note that one of the other eggs in the fridge is cracked & requires disposal shortly.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2019, 11:28.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Shopping done!

Though I seem to have lost my Nectar card

In fact, I suspect the bloke at Sainsbury's Local forgot to return it to me the other day - his scales weren't working as he tried to weigh my onions, and he had to get the manager to help, and I reckon in the confusion he put the card down and I never noticed he didn't give it back

Anyway, new card ordered; and I have a couple of Southern Not-fried chicken thighs from the hot food counter for an early lunch
          Don't you put loyalty cards into StoCard(or similar) on your phone and use them from there?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Don't you put loyalty cards into StoCard(or similar) on your phone and use them from there?
            Wouldn't work in Sainsbury's Local unless I handed my phone over, as they can only scan stuff from behind the checkout

As it is, I don't even take my phone out to pay there; I always use my Apple Watch.

This is the reason why the Nectar key fob has never been on my keyring - so I can hand it over to be scanned in there. (The main card wore out years ago, so I can't swipe the magnetic strip either.)

Comment

Just did some hard technological work.

With a soldering iron.

Soldering some croc clips on the end of some plug leads.

As we electronicky people are wont to do.

The stress has been so great I've had to sit down to recover.

In other news, everything is out of the WMs and the TD.

The unTDed stuff is out on the line in the unbearable heat of the afternoon.

Still vainly attempting to figure out a way of making this house livable in and the office usable again.

It's a bit difficult.

I suppose those 20 year old CDs off the fronts of PC mags really ought to go, but with my penchant for ancient hardware, maybe not.

Have I mentioned that the washing line is over an ants nest?

And that the ants aren't best pleased when I start pegging stuff out.

To the extent of the rittle barstewards stinging me?
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2019, 13:37.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Wouldn't work in Sainsbury's Local unless I handed my phone over, as they can only scan stuff from behind the checkout
                Its a big issue with some terminals. Tesco are very good.

Co-op in Llandudno refurbished 3 months ago. All new terminls. Co-op card will not scan. Ridiciluous.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I suppose those 20 year old CDs off the fronts of PC mags really ought to go, but with my penchant for ancient hardware, maybe not.
                  The Internet Archive will happily accept rips of them

Also, probably everything you might need off them is available from the Internet Archive's collection of cover disc rips

CD-ROM Software Collection : Free Software : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

Comment

Laundry is on

Comment

off to make some noise.

first gig since 'the curious incident of the horsesh1t and the tree'

Comment

Working...
                      X