• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning all.
    CBWFB in sunny sarf herts

slept better.
    might get the bike fixed today

Comment

In with the hoi polloi in the library.

Very few in here today.

They're probly all out getting sunburn.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I've started drawing the living room curtains in the morning to keep the sun out, in hopes of preventing the place heating up too much. Not sure it'll work, but it's got to be worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I've started drawing the living room curtains in the morning to keep the sun out, in hopes of preventing the place heating up too much. Not sure it'll work, but it's got to be worth a try
          I used to tape aluminium foil shiny side out to the window in a vain attempt to keep the temperature in my then bedroom below about 30 deg C.

It sort of worked.

And the room was lovely and dark.

I didn the same thing to the window of my office in Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde and the Estates Manager didn't like it so it got replaced with proper window film which worked reasonably well.

In other news, I now know what a modern P45 looks like.

I think I'll put some more of that ibuprofen gell stuff on my elbow.

It'll stop my farmers hurting so much.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2019, 10:50.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I used to tape aluminium foil shiny side out to the window in a vain attempt to keep the temperature in my then bedroom below about 30 deg C.

It sort of worked.

And the room was lovely and dark.

I didn the same thing to the window of my office in Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde and the Estates Manager didn't like it so it got replaced with proper window film which worked reasonably well.

In other news, I now know what a modern P45 looks like.

I think I'll put some more of that ibuprofen gell stuff on my elbow.

It'll stop my farmers hurting so much.
            and not an accountant in sight

you've got farmers on your elbow?

Comment

Very nice day from what I can see out of ClientCo's windows.

Someone has brought some yummy smelling food into the office and now we're all talking about how hungry that's made us feel.

I will have to pop to the IR35 canteen very soon before my tummy starts grumbling.

Other than that, just a day of data importing and someone wanting a "deep dive" into a report I issued this morning. Yay.

No PO yet.

Comment

Lunch

Valet - Here we go, enjoy!
                Phil - What's this?
                Valet - It's bean minestrone
                Phil - I can see that, but what is it now?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                  Valet - Here we go, enjoy!
                  Phil - What's this?
                  Valet - It's bean minestrone
                  Phil - I can see that, but what is it now?

Comment

Not "W"FH today - down in that there London instead, showing my face at ClientCo.

Still "working" though as the client and their client continue to argue, and given they're in the USA it'll all go quiet for a few days now.

Comment

Lunch was a rather nice courgette and brie soup.

May need chocolate to see me through the afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X