• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That reminds me, I need to get a small bin for the living room. Wonder if he's got any stacked up out the front of the shop?
    Originally posted by Ancient & disreputable joke
    Where's you bin?

I's been out the back, where's you bin?
    Boom boom.

Tea/dinner this evening was M&S battered haddock which was, as expected, very nice.

Some of this evening's "entertainment" is expected to be "The Good Place", followed by other tulipe that I recorded yesterday.

Noticed that there was a Bronson movie on "Vintage TV", namely "Hard Times" where in said gentleman plays a 1930s depression era bare knuckle prize fighter.

Further bin jokes are available here:

The 73+ Best Bin Jokes - ↑UPJOKE↑
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 June 2019, 17:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Boom boom.

Tea/dinner this evening was M&S battered haddock which was, as expected, very nice.
      isn't there a home, somewhere, for battered haddock?

Comment

Finally accepted that there's enough assorted loose crap cluttering the place that it needs to be contained pending a decision on its fate. So I popped over to the hardware shop opposite for a couple of the big plastic boxes that live on the pavement outside.
        Update: should have got three. And they're big ones, too, but the pile of crap is bigger

On the bright side: I've found the 5V power supply for the USB hub I bought a year or two ago and have never used because I couldn't find the power supply.

And the really big news is that I've changed the orientation/position of the TV!

Previously it had its back to the bay window, but now it's rotated about seventy degrees and moved further back towards the corner where the bay starts. This is partly so I stop getting distracted by spotting DHL's nightly arrival from Leipzig to EMA flying past outside at 7,000 feet at around five past midnight while I'm trying to concentrate on a film. But, in addition, and in conjunction with moving a whole load of other things around, it means that the ends of the soundbar, which are supposed to help project sound into the room, are no longer blocked by an armchair on one side and some boxes on the other. I'm quite looking forward to seeing if this makes any appreciable difference to the sound quality, which is the primary purpose of this massive adjustment to my way of life

Comment

On the theme of finding things unexpectedly, I found some Best Before Morrisons minced beef at the bottom of the fridge.

I think I bought it was the intent of making some bol for the spag, probably last Monday.

Since it wasn't in the freezer it had gone a fairly odd sort of colour, but it bore some nuking and browned up ok and didn't smell too offensive so now it's bolled.

We shall find out if it was a good idea when I have some for tea tomorrow.

Following on from "The Good Place" was "Nazi Megastructures", this ep dealing with railways.

They certainly had a lot of railways and some really big steam engines.

And the odd gigantic gun to go with it all.

I managed not to fall asleep whilst watching it, though the temptation was great.

Comment

Tonight's meal has been a yellow-stickered rack of ribs I rescued from M&S, with the addition of Jack Daniels smoky Bbq sauce, and chips. Very nice

Comment

And tonight's entertainment was Operator (2015), though it was presented to me under the title Cross The Line, which is apparently how it was known in the UK DVD release, possibly in the hope that people would mistake it for one of the numerous other films of that title.

For it isn't very good, frankly. The plot is similar to various other heist movies but is implemented in a singularly implausible way, and the staging is as good as designed to make it all seem even more unlikely that it could ever work that way than it already was. At least one Big Reveal is blatantly obvious from quite early on, though I do wonder if they did that on purpose to make the audience feel clever by figuring it out, in the hope of distracting them from the feeling that they were wasting their time watching it in the first place. It managed to pick up the pace briefly towards the end, but then fell apart in a sea of implausible stunts, unlikely actions, and ludicrous decisions by the various characters.

Oh, and strange little debates or discussions about morality and honour and such are scattered throughout at the most inappropriate moments, presumably in an attempt to make it all appear deeper than an inflatable paddling pool; this attempt fails, as the content falls short of what one might expect from an O Level General Studies class addressing such matters.

So not very highly recommended; it might be OK if you want to fill ninety minutes or so after you've got in from the pub, but don't try it with your critical faculties functioning at a normal, or even a baseline, level

Got to be up early to continue making the flat suitable for the annual gas safety inspection some time after 11am. The cooker could do with a clean, among other things

Goodnight all

Comment

And tonight's entertainment was Operator (2015), though it was presented to me under the title Cross The Line, which is apparently how it was known in the UK DVD release, possibly in the hope that people would mistake it for one of the numerous other films of that title.

For it isn't very good, frankly. The plot is similar to various other heist movies but is implemented in a singularly implausible way, and the staging is as good as designed to make it all seem even more unlikely that it could ever work that way than it already was. At least one Big Reveal is blatantly obvious from quite early on, though I do wonder if they did that on purpose to make the audience feel clever by figuring it out, in the hope of distracting them from the feeling that they were wasting their time watching it in the first place. It managed to pick up the pace briefly towards the end, but then fell apart in a sea of implausible stunts, unlikely actions, and ludicrous decisions by the various characters.

Oh, and strange little debates or discussions about morality and honour and such are scattered throughout at the most inappropriate moments, presumably in an attempt to make it all appear deeper than an inflatable paddling pool; this attempt fails, as the content falls short of what one might expect from an O Level General Studies class addressing such matters.

So not very highly recommended; it might be OK if you want to fill ninety minutes or so after you've got in from the pub, but don't try it with your critical faculties functioning at a normal, or even a baseline, level

Got to be up early to continue making the flat suitable for the annual gas safety inspection some time after 11am. The cooker could do with a clean, among other things

Goodnight all
                Century Om

Comment

Comment

Catching up on Oak Island. The Legacy.

Looks like there will be a series 7. Due to a seismic survey.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

No sign of blue sky.

Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X