• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    That can be arranged. You going cycling this weekend?
    Yes. But not in Surrey. The last time I cycled there I heard someone "singing". More like a dog caught on a barbed wire fence......

Comment

Roast beef butty (wholemeal) for lunch

Off to the dentist soon

Comment

At the dentist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          At the dentist
          And back again after a quick polish, with an appointment for the next checkup in December

Makes a nice change not be be faced with a course of treatment of indeterminate duration; presumably there's not enough natural material left in there to go wrong

Would have been nicer still if they'd seen me at the appointed time of 2 o'clock rather than getting on quarter past. There was no preceding patient to overrun, as I had to wait outside for the receptionist to get back from her lunch break (nicely timed at seven seconds to two, with unlocking the front door taking about five seconds; credit to her for milking the break for all it's worth) but was still left sitting around in the waiting room for ten minutes

Comment

And back again after a quick polish, with an appointment for the next checkup in December

Makes a nice change not be be faced with a course of treatment of indeterminate duration; presumably there's not enough natural material left in there to go wrong

Would have been nicer still if they'd seen me at the appointed time of 2 o'clock rather than getting on quarter past. There was no preceding patient to overrun, as I had to wait outside for the receptionist to get back from her lunch break (nicely timed at seven seconds to two, with unlocking the front door taking about five seconds; credit to her for milking the break for all it's worth) but was still left sitting around in the waiting room for ten minutes
            I thought they would have waited until 2:30

two thirty
            tooth hurty

oh never mind....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I thought they would have waited until 2:30

two thirty
              tooth hurty

oh never mind....

I know, they just don't enter into the spirit of things, these dentists. Though if I spent all my time carrying out light engineering projects in other people's mouths, I don't suppose I'd feel much like laughing either

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Ancient.

I bought it on 05/05/2019.

It's back in the box with what laughably passes as the operator manual and all the rest of the gubbins, to be returned to Lidl this afternoon.
                And back it went.

Pity really because it had quite a nice picture.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  And back it went.

Pity really because it had quite a nice picture.
                  Back to the Baird system then?

Comment

Back to the Baird system then?
                    You knew where you were with a 30 line Nipkow disc.

And the pictures were in colour.

Neon orange, as it happens.

Said Sharp telly was one I'd bought as a reserve, believing in defence in depth.

That worked well then.

Tea/dinner this evening was M&S battered haddock.

It was rather nice and made a change from Sunday & Monday's rather overblown offerings.

Comment

I realise this isn't the place, but wtf is HMRC investigating umbrella users for 2017 for?

I thought that all NI & PAYE deductions were made by the umbrella or am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                      X