• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpleasant experience in the lift after my trip to Oxfam & back.

The 3 fat bastard Esteemed Customers who got out of it were all soap dodgers by conviction.

The stench was thick enough to chew for the 37 seconds I was in there.

Thank feck it didn't break down or I'd have died from holding my breath.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Unpleasant experience in the lift after my trip to Oxfam & back.

The 3 fat bastard Esteemed Customers who got out of it were all soap dodgers by conviction.

The stench was thick enough to chew for the 37 seconds I was in there.

Thank feck it didn't break down or I'd have died from holding my breath.
      If only you had lentils last night. And for lunch today. And breakfast come to that.

Comment

Twins school have arranged a UCAS talk for parents. On a day Mrs BP is away. So I must attend. I need to make sure the little f**kers f**k off.

Actually they are not so little any more.....

Comment

I must admit that using what appears to be solid core twisted pair for this LED/Sensor thing is less than brilliant as a plan.

The insulation shrinks away on the blue when tinning the core.

Other than that, it's a complete & fecking utter pain in the arse to do.

I don't come in here to do "work" FFS.

Comment

Decided I could do with a couple more large plastic boxes for stuff that's to be kept, so set off for the hardware shop over the road, which has a goodly collection of them on the pavement out the front. Opened our front door and… he's closed early

Comment

Evening all

X8 home again home again, jiggety jig.

There's a display of 3rd year projects in "work" with free food.

I've never gone to one in 14 years & decided that I couldn't be arsed to go to this one, cooking my tea being rather more important in the scale of things.

Tea/dinner this evening was M&S battered haddock.

It was Very Nice.

I've got a bit more used to this "new*" frying pan which requires far less heat than the previous one**.

*It can't be more than 10 year old.

**The previous one looked as if it had been used on the fire hob which hasn't been done in donkey's years.

<interstitial intermission, pause, or hiatus>

Shirts pass done in the WM, now in the TD.

Darks/denim now in the WM, ready to go the TD in an hour or so.

Tomorrow is the assorted cottons and towels and such like.

The endless excitement of what passes for my life knows few bounds.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 May 2019, 18:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                There's a display of 3rd year projects in "work" with free food.

I've never gone to one in 14 years & decided that I couldn't be arsed to go to this one, cooking my tea being rather more important in the scale of things.
                They'll miss you when you're not there to not go

Comment

This evening's first epic was "Red (2008)" (no, not that one) with Brian (I was the first Hannibal Lecter) Cox et al.

Red (2008) - IMDb

It's the story of a man and his dog.

It's very good in a low key sort of way.

Oddly it seems to be some sort of promotional dvd according to the label, but despite being dvd r it played ok.

Totally bare bones, just the film which starts when the disc goes in and it's at some weird aspect ratio that I couldn't correct so left it as is which made them all a bit tall.

I think the moral of the story is that you shouldn't feck with a chap's dog.

The 2nd feature is "The Conversation (1974)" with Gene Hackman et al.

The Conversation (1974) - IMDb

It's many years since I watched it.

Shows how long ago 1974 is, it's full of reel to reel tape recorders and b&w 35mm film cameras.

Ooooo, one of them is an Ampex 350? 351? 440?

It's a 351 apparently according to reports.

There's a little remembered actor by the name of Harrison Ford in it too.

Whatever happened to him, I wonder.

Got bored with "The Conversation", maybe I'll watch the rest tomorrow.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 May 2019, 21:33.

Comment

A very nice tea/dinner/whatever tonight of gammon, egg, pineapple, wedges, and beans

Shot my calorie count to hell on MyFitnessPal, I presume, but that never recovers from a day that includes baking sausage rolls at lunchtime anyway

Comment

has anybody seen my will to live?
                      i'm sure i left it somewhere around here.

no?

oh, well.

Comment

Working...
                      X