• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Up to a balmy 14°C here now
    And now it keeps going dark and the rain is teeming down

Comment

And now it keeps going dark and the rain is teeming down
      Phew wot a scorcher.

Just to rub it in, like.

T6 home again home again, jiggety jig.

This driver deigned to stop for me which was nice.

Rather more comfortable than the X8.

Tea/dinner was M&S battered haddock.

It was nice.

I'm not used to this rather newer frying pan which is a bit more efficient than the one I consigned to the recycling a couple of weeks ago after the coating started falling off.

The evening's epic is likely to be "Mission Impossible: Fallout(2018)" with Tom Cruise, being the latest in the increasingly ludicrous MI series.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - IMDb

Though considering the premise of yesterday's epic, maybe it's more solidly grounded.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

been loverly here all afternoon, too

Oh, Frabjous day!

Comment

Just spent over two hours working on the sliding block puzzle that is the living room, culminating in a trip to the tip with a couple of old bookcases - the small variety, they were, both tainted by the mice. So I also got to clean up the droppings left lurking beneath them, though at least there weren't too many, the minimal space having apparently been rejected as too small for a nest

One of them (the bookcases, not the droppings) was a cheap white thing from MFI, which my parents bought for me in 1982 when I was a student. I'd had a brief holiday job in MFI, doing customer surveys during the week after Easter, so the manager gave us a staff discount when they got it

Anyway, it's given excellent service in the sense of not falling apart at any time during the last 37 years, though it's been disassembled and reassembled a fair few times, and it's outlasted the store itself by a few years too. But now it's down the recycling, on its way to be transformed into something else - possibly another bookcase, at least in part. Ave atque vale!

Comment

Just spent over two hours working on the sliding block puzzle that is the living room, culminating in a trip to the tip with a couple of old bookcases - the small variety, they were, both tainted by the mice. So I also got to clean up the droppings left lurking beneath them, though at least there weren't too many, the minimal space having apparently been rejected as too small for a nest

One of them (the bookcases, not the droppings) was a cheap white thing from MFI, which my parents bought for me in 1982 when I was a student. I'd had a brief holiday job in MFI, doing customer surveys during the week after Easter, so the manager gave us a staff discount when they got it

Anyway, it's given excellent service in the sense of not falling apart at any time during the last 37 years, though it's been disassembled and reassembled a fair few times, and it's outlasted the store itself by a few years too. But now it's down the recycling, on its way to be transformed into something else - possibly another bookcase, at least in part. Ave atque vale!
            Swearing in foreign is frowned upon for some users you know

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The evening's epic is likely to be "Mission Impossible: Fallout(2018)" with Tom Cruise, being the latest in the increasingly ludicrous MI series.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - IMDb

Though considering the premise of yesterday's epic, maybe it's more solidly grounded.
              As it transpired, at 141 mins it wa too long, so this evening's epic is "The Edge (1997)" with Anthony Hopkins and Alex Baldwin.

The Edge (1997) - IMDb

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                As it transpired, at 141 mins it wa too long, so this evening's epic is "The Edge (1997)" with Anthony Hopkins and Alex Baldwin.

The Edge (1997) - IMDb
                The MI one is worth watching when you have the time, but The Edge looks pretty good too from a cursory inspection. Added to the list

Comment

Tonight's tea has been M&S breaded cod (I think; I threw the box away ages ago, so it might have been haddock) with chips and beans

Comment

"The Edge" is worth a look.

I've seen it before, but it was worth the extortionate sum of £1 to watch it again.

Two runs through the WM done, the shirts and the darks, so tomorrow is cottons, which takes knocking on for 3 hours just for the wm bit.

TFBSZ.

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was a rewatch-plus, and a rewatch. First up: Avatar (2009), but this time the Extended Collectors' Edition or some such, which basically adds in an extra scene at the start and then includes slightly longer edits of various other scenes. Still, I do like it; the first half is mainly hippy-dippy harmony-with-nature stuff against a cinematic backdrop of every album cover Roger Dean ever made and quite a few he didn't, and the second half is all-guns-blazing, all-bows-flexing, all-huge-animals-charging warfare against the same backdrop. What's not to like?

And then, by way of contrast, The Big Short (2015); proof that you can make a highly entertaining film out of the intricacies of the global financial system's failings. I always enjoy the fourth-wall-breaking in this one, particularly when it concerns some scene so outlandish that you assume it must have been made up for cinematic purposes, then you're told "He actually did that"

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X