• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Obvious solution given that, as confirmed yesterday, it now stays light after teatime: I'm going about seven or so this evening, when the "do-the-shopping-on-the-way-home-from-work" crowd will have mostly gone on their way
    Sounds like a plan, especially since I've just run out of milk.

Off to Tesco we go.

Must have been using more than usual.

<light bulb moment>

It was making all the custard.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping accomplished with, as predicted, comparatively little obstruction by the hoi polloi

What has been forgotten remains to be seen

Comment

smoked <undyed> haddock, gently poached in milk, with prawns and parsley.
        with basmati rice and peas.

feckin marvelous if i do say so myself.

When Will We Have the Stuffed to bursting emoji????????

Comment

This evening's televisual epic was "John Wick 2 (2017)" with Keanu Reeves, Ian McShane, et al.

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) - IMDb

It was suitably battulip crazy & enjoyable.

Body count must be in the 100s.

Comment

I deviated from the haddock-eating norm tonight, having instead another roast dinner with the remainder of the lamb from the other night. Extremely nice, it was

It's very windy out, with evidence of rain. Must be Storm Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albert Hohenzollern, or whatever its called

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              This evening's televisual epic was "John Wick 2 (2017)" with Keanu Reeves, Ian McShane, et al.

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) - IMDb

It was suitably battulip crazy & enjoyable.

Body count must be in the 100s.
              Excellent film, as is the first; and the third one is out very soon

Comment

Excellent film, as is the first; and the third one is out very soon
                I'll watch it when it's down to £5.

It's very windy out.

The rain is now horizontal.

TFBSZ.

I see the Bletchley Circle thing is on again but I seem to have lost interest in it.

Comment

Couple of rewatches tonight, starting with Atomic Blonde (2017) in which Charlize Theron takes on a dangerous mission in East Berlin for MI6 as the Wall is about to fall. Apparently this one is based on one of those comic books, and it's very good, with plenty of action and some great music. I see I also spoke highly of it last time I watched it, with added colour

And after that, Columbus Circle (2012). I also spoke highly of this one, and I agree with my former conclusion. It's an excellent psychological thriller, I think they call them, with an intriguing initial premise, some great twists, and a fine ending. Very highly recommended

Also, though I didn't mention this last time, there are loads of establishing shots in which one can see the apartment my sister and her husband lived in when they spent a few years in New York, paid for by the bank that employed him: it's in the tall, narrow building just behind the Time Warner Center, with amazing views over Central Park (and, indeed, down onto Columbus Circle itself) one way, and back down Manhattan towards the Empire State Building the other

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Couple of rewatches tonight, starting with Atomic Blonde (2017) in which Charlize Theron takes on a dangerous mission in East Berlin for MI6 as the Wall is about to fall.
                      I liked that one too.

Morning.

Windy old night.

Still windy now.

No current precipitation.

Cold side of not so warm.

Grey.

Overcast.

Hints of sun.

It's odd but I keep looking on jobserve.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 April 2019, 08:28.

Comment

Working...
                      X